How to connect SupportBee + Twilio
Zapier lets you send info between SupportBee and Twilio automatically—no code required.
- New Agent ReplyTriggers when an agent replies to a ticket.Trigger
- New CommentTriggers when a new comment is added to a ticket.Trigger
- New Customer ReplyTriggers when a customer replies to a ticket.Trigger
- New TicketTriggers when there is a New Ticket in your SupportBee account.Trigger
- Create TicketCreates a New Ticket in your SupportBee account.Action
- New Phone NumberTriggered when you add a new phone number.Trigger
- New CallTriggered when a call is finished on your Twilio number.Trigger
- New RecordingTriggered when a new recording is available on your account.Trigger
Triggered when an SMS is sent to your Twilio number.
Triggered when a new transcription is available on your account.
Call a number or numbers and say a message.
Send a SMS to a number or numbers.
- Step 1: Authenticate SupportBee and Twilio.30 seconds
- Step 2: Pick one of the apps as a trigger, which will kick off your automation.15 seconds
- Step 3: Choose a resulting action from the other app.15 seconds
- Step 4: Select the data you want to send from one app to the other.2 minutes
- That’s it! More time to work on other things.