How we work
Freedom and flexibility
Spread across 17 time zones in dozens of countries, we sign into Slack and open up our work tools on the schedule that fits our lives best. We communicate asynchronously, work autonomously, and take ownership of our work.
Learning on- and offline
You start your role with an immersive remote onboarding experience to learn about our product, culture, and business. Then meet your team to pick up new skills and tools. And the learning doesn’t stop there—ongoing feedback from your manager and peers is one of our five team values, and we continuously support your professional development.
Diversity, inclusion, and belonging
We’re building a global community—one where people from all backgrounds can thrive. We have regular open discussions on topics like gender equality, unconscious bias, and celebrating our differences. When you join our team, you agree to a code of conduct.
Interesting problems to solve
Our product integrates 5000+ online tools to make it easy for anyone to connect apps and get more work done. Supporting and evolving our product is no easy task itself, though. Our "build the robot" value yields outsized results, and our all-hands support approach gives everyone insights into our users’ experience.
Camaraderie from afar
100% distributed doesn’t hold us back from building bonds—daily conversation in chat includes non-work topics like #fun-cooking and #fun-scifi, weekly posts to our company blog show off pictures of pets and hobbies, and twice-annually, we come together for an all-team retreat that includes activities like crafting, basketball, karaoke, and rock climbing. We make space for everyone’s flavor of fun.
The ultimate guide to remote work
Working remotely and running a remote team seem like black magic to many. Yet at Zapier, we've been working remotely since our founding in October 2011.
This is what a remote office looks like
One of the rarely talked about benefits of working in a remote team is that you have complete control over your workspace.
How to build culture in a remote team
When it comes to remote teams, culture is a huge topic. Common knowledge suggests that co-located teams have an easier time building culture compared to remote teams.
Benefits and perks
Because Zapier is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, our benefit programs and their access/availability differ across the globe. With the aim to support Zapier teammates in the best way we can, we currently offer:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision in the UK, Canada, and the United States
- Retirement plans with employer match in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States
- For countries where we do not have entities or provide company-sponsored benefits, we add a regional benefits premium to our pay ranges (in these instances, when recommendations are made for base pay, the benefits premium has already been factored in)
- Work from (almost!) anywhere*
* Due to regulatory and security reasons, there’s a small number of countries where we cannot have Zapier teammates based. Additionally, because Zapier is an all-remote company and people can join our workforce from almost any country, we do not sponsor visas. Zapier teammates need to be authorized to work from their home location.
- Flexible time-off policy (most teammates take 4-6 weeks off per year for vacation and holidays)
- 1 annual company retreat to an awesome place
- 14 weeks of 100% fully-paid leave for new parents
- Anniversary reward program (at 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 years)
- Home office setup stipend
- Software budget
- Professional development allowance
- Fertility and family planning support
How we hire
We have a non-standard application process. We ask you to answer a few questions in an online form that directly address your qualifications for the role.
The hiring team reviews applications based on a job-specific rubric. Our interview process varies by role; your recruiter will share what the rest of the interview process will entail on your first video call.
We strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply to Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Working On Diversity and Inclusivity