Formidable Forms - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Adding a contact form to your WordPress site is easy. All you really need is the standard Jetpack plugin, which includes a contact form. But customizable forms can add so much to your WordPress site, far more than just a contact form. And if that's what you're needing, Formidable is, well, a formidable option to consider.
There's a number of form plugins for Formidable, so to stand out from the crowd Formidable is available in both free and paid variants. You can download the free Formidable from inside WordPress, and use it to make basic forms with standard fields including text, drop-downs, checkboxes, and more. It'll send email notifications when your form is filled out, and store the responses in your WordPress database. It's the basics you'd want from a WordPress form builder, and it's free.
But the, there's Formidable Forms' paid editions, which includes 24 field types, add-ons, a visual form styler, and an interface to view your form responses and their related stats. It's an advanced form builder that'll let you make anything you want. With its addons, you can let people add their signature to your fields, automatically populate fields with location names, use Bootstrap to style your forms, turn your form into a PDF, integrate with Zapier, and more. And, you can use simple WordPress tools to tweak your form's look and feel, so it'll match your site perfectly.
Those features will let you make the forms you want, to sell stuff, collect data, and more directly from your site. Or, they can let you reuse the data publicly on your site. Formidable Forms includes post fields to turn form entires into WordPress posts, and it also has tools to let you display a list of entries on a page. With a clever form and list of entries, you can use Formidable to turn your WordPress site into a project manager, real estate listing site, calendar, photo gallery, bug report app, and more. There's a number of great ideas on the Formidable demo site to get you started, and then you can think of your own app ideas that you can put together with just Formidable and WordPress.
Formidable is a great option if you just want a simple—and free—way to make forms on your own WordPress-powered site, but it's the perfect option if you're wanting to do more with those forms. You can use it to turn your site into anything you want, enough that you might want to make a new private WordPress site just to use with Formidable on your own.
Updated 15 Dec 2016 with new pricing and landing page.
Do More With Formidable Forms
Formidable Forms Features
- A simple way to create forms in WordPress
- Create WordPress posts from form entries
- Display form data inside posts with customizable shortcodes
- Simple form styler
- Addons to integrate with Zapier, payment providers, and more
Formidable Forms Pricing
- Free for unlimited forms with 6 field types
- $49 Personal plan for 1 year of support and updates for 1 site, 24 field types, and core features
- $99 Professional plan for 1 year of support and updates for 3 sites and premium add-ons
- $199 Small Business plan for 1 year of support and updates for 15 sites with premium and advanced add-ons and priority support
- $399 Enterprise plan for 1 year of support for unlimited sites with lifetime updates, premium, advanced, and enterprise add-ons, and elite support
Support renewal is 20, 30, 40, and 50% discounted for Personal, Professional, Small Business, and Enterprise plans, respectively.