ActiveCampaign - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Email newsletters are a great way to start your marketing with content delivered to your fans' inboxes. But it doesn't stop there. You also need to followup on those followers' interest in your products, share targeted messages that turn them into customers, and especially for your largest deals, track your progress in turning leads into customers.
ActiveCampaign does this in one place. It combines three core marketing tools that go best together—email newsletters, marketing automation, and CRM—into an affordable marketing automation tool that’s easy to use. You’ll keep everything about your customers in one place, and then can use that data to effectively market to them with emails, personalized sales calls, and more. And with all of the data in one place, you’ll know what’s going on with all of your marketing efforts at a glance.
As a CRM-focused app, contacts are at the center of ActiveCampaign. Use forms and app integrations to bring in contacts and build detailed profiles on each person you add including social info and their interactions with your emails and site. It even integrates with your email app so you can see your conversations with each of your contacts. Then you can use a kanban board to organize your leads and deals with your contacts by their stage. ActiveCampaign then lets you segment your contacts by their info and market directly to them.
Along the way, you can use email newsletters to your whole list or targeted at specific audiences to push people towards making the purchase. ActiveCampaign includes a drag-and-drop email template editor, just like you’d expect from email newsletter apps that are designed only around sending emails. You can quickly design beautiful emails, add the content you want and store pictures in ActiveCampaign to reuse later, then send them out to your contact lists—no separate email newsletter app needed. You can send automated emails every time your team publishes something new on your blog with its RSS integration. And with the rich amounts of data you have in your ActiveCampaign CRM, you can target emails to the right people better than ever.
Newsletters are great when you’ve got news to share, but you can use email for so much more. ActiveCampaign combines its CRM and email features into a powerful marketing automation setup to automate your work with contacts. Using a flowchart interface, you can use if/else statements to pick when people get certain emails, then automatically add tags, assign a task to your team, or send the contact a special coupon via email or SMS. You’ll be able to easily onboard new customers, market to potential customers when they visit certain parts of your site, convince undecided leads to become customers, and more automatically, just by setting up the autoresponders you want.
That leads you back to the CRM where it all starts with your contacts. Each email newsletter, drip message, and interaction pushes them a bit closer to making the purchase, and your team can speed things along with personal outreach, calls, and meetings that you'll have more time for now that ActiveCampaign is handling all the routine tasks. It's a suite of tools that will help you turn your contacts into customers with tools that grow with your business needs.
Originally published January 5, 2015; updated June 25, 2018 with new pricing, screenshots, and features
Do More With ActiveCampaign
Zapier allows you to instantly connect ActiveCampaign with 1,400+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
- Use email marketing to build your lead list with integrated marketing automation and CRM tools
- Build emails with drag-and-drop email editor for one-off campaigns, RSS powered lists, or email automation
- Segment lists based on CRM data
- Track deals with kanban board, and include custom details to track everything important to your sales
- Track your contacts events on your site and in emails to score leads
- Build customized automated marketing workflows
- iOS app for managing deals
- from $15/month Lite plan for 3 users with unlimited email marketing features to send newsletters with marketing automation to 500 subscribers
- from $70/month Plus plan for 25 users with unlimited email marketing, CRM tools with contact and lead scoring, custom domain and branding, and SMS marketing to 1,000 subscribers
- from $159/month Professional plan for 50 users with Plus plan features along with site messaging and attribution with 2,500 subscribers
- from $279/month Enterprise plan for unlimited users with custom mail server domain, in-depth onboarding, free design services and social data, and phone support with 2,500 subscribers
Additional subscribers available on each plan; annual pricing from $9/49/129/229 per month, respectively