Acuity Scheduling - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
The calendar app on your phone is likely enough to keep track of your personal meetings and appointments. That is, assuming your core business doesn't revolve around meetings. If you need to juggle a busy schedule of client appointments all day, every day, you'll quickly hit the limits of basic calendar tools.
You'll need a way for clients to book appointments at a time when you're available, and change them when needed. You and your client will need to be notified about that appointment—both to confirm the booking and to keep you from forgetting about it on the appointment's day. You'll likely still want your appointments to show up in your phone's calendar app. And, depending on your business, you may need to charge clients for the meeting, something that'd be better to take care of before they walk into your office.
Acuity Scheduling does it all. It's a scheduling app that lets customers manage their own appointments, right from your website or from Acuity Scheduling's custom page for your firm. They can see the times you're available, select when they want to meet with you—or even set up a recurring meeting, perhaps to get a hair cut at your barber shop every 2 weeks on the same day. Then, your signup form can ask for additional info—including name, email address, and any extra form fields you want to add—and can charge the customer for the booking. With that done, the customer can add the appointment to their own calendar, make an account to view all of their appointments with your firm, or even reschedule the appointment to another time you're available.
On your end, you'll first set up your appointment types, with custom times, pricing, and form fields for each one. Appointments can be public where anyone could book them, or can be private where only you can set them up or share them with a private link (perfect to offer special appointment openings or pricing to repeat customers). You'll manage your intake form questions together, and then can choose which of those form questions to include on each booking. And, you can set the hours you're available each day, with an override for specific days to book holidays. Sync your calendar to Acuity, and it can watch your calendar for other meetings and automatically mark you as unavailable for appointments during that time, along with adding client appointments to your calendar automatically.
You'll then be able to customize your Acuity Scheduling appointment page or embed it into your own site. Want to charge for appointments? You can use Stripe, Square, Braintree, Authorize.net, or PayPal to process your payments. You can also offer special packages to let customers buy 3 sessions at once, say, or sell gift certificates to let customers book appointments for others.
Then, you'll need to make sure no one misses their appointments—and that you don't forget an appointment, either. Acuity Scheduling keeps everything on track, with automated emails and SMS notifications. You'll get a reminder when the appointment is created, and when it's due. And, your appointments will be in your personal calendar, so you can glance at your phone and know what appointment's coming up next.
All you'll have to worry about is making your client meetings the best they can be—Acuity Scheduling takes care of the rest. You'll never have to juggle double-booked appointments or worry about contacts forgetting about a meeting again.
Acuity Scheduling Resources:
- Get help with the Acuity Scheduling documentation and knowledge base.
- Embed your calendar into your site with the Acuity Scheduling developer documentation.
- Make your meetings more efficient with these 15 tools to create shared agendas, write notes, and collaborate with your meeting participants—something that can be helpful for client meetings, too.
- Learn how to stay in touch with your clients with email newsletters, with Acuity Scheduling integrations.
Do More With Acuity Scheduling
Acuity Scheduling Features
- Let clients book their appointments on your site or an Acuity Scheduling page
- Accept payments for appointments
- Sync appointments with Outlook, Office 365, iCal, and Google Calendar
- Send customized email and SMS notifications and reminders
- Automatically adjust for timezones
- Include forms in appointment registration to gather extra data about clients.
Acuity Scheduling Pricing
- Free Freebie plan for 1 user and letting clients schedule their own appointments
- $10/month Emerging Entrepreneur plan for 1 user and location, automatic time zone conversion and reminder emails, customization, payments, and syncing
- $19/month Growing Business plan for 6 users and locations, global text message notifications, and Emerging Entrepreneur plan features
- $34/month Powerhouse Player plan for 36 users and locations, whitelabeling, live chat support, HIPPA compliance, and Growing Business plan features