HubSpot - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
You’re gathering leads for your CRM via emails and forms, staying in touch with them via emails, and honing your pitch each time. But what about the rest of your marketing efforts? Everything your business does in marketing, from email newsletters to blog posts to social media, should all be feeding leads into the same marketing funnel—and each of those should be helping you perfect your marketing.
CRMs are about your contacts, the people that might buy your products or services and the conversations your team has with them. Some put your contact info in front, others focus on your conversations, and the rest are centered around your sales process. And then there’s HubSpot. It’s designed to be at the core of all of your marketing efforts, not just the part where you keep your contacts.
The most important part of your marketing is your content, both blog and social media posts, as that’s often the first time potential customers will hear about you. HubSpot combines a blog post editor with lead generation forms, subscription tools, analytics, social sharing, and SEO tools to help your content be as powerful as it can be. You’ll be able to manage your editorial schedule on a calendar, assign posts to your writing team, and more. You’ll learn what content works best, and get your team writing it, all in the same place. And, the same tools work for landing pages, so you’ll have an easy way to launch new products and get the word out.
Then, you’ll need to make sure people see your best content. HubSpot Workflows are ready for that. They’ll let you send drip emails to your contacts on a schedule, customize your site’s marketing for each type of user, and make sure only specific people are reached. You’ll make sure prospective customers see a consistent message across all of your marketing, and still target that marketing directly at the specific types of customers you’re trying to reach.
Then, there’s still the CRM. HubSpot includes the also stand-alone HubSpot CRM that helps you track your contacts, all of the info about them, and even your conversations with them through Gmail and Outlook integrations. You can track your leads and deals on a kanban-like board, and of course use those same contacts in the aforementioned drip emails.
That’s a lot to take in, of course, and you’ll likely find yourself discovering new HubSpot features for quite some time. That’s ok. HubSpot has a library of content to train you in marketing and how to put their app to work for you, so you should be able to hit the ground running and get more out of it over time.
For one place to keep track of everything from your blog posts to drip email campaigns to leads and deals, HubSpot is one of the few apps that’d qualify. It does everything to help you turn your marketing into sales.
Originally published May 6, 2015; updated June 6, 2018 with new features.
Do More With HubSpot
Zapier allows you to instantly connect HubSpot with 1,500+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
- Organize contacts with details about their business and relationships in HubSpot's CRM
- Gather leads with built-in landing page, content marketing, form builder, and website tools
- Followup on contacts with email automation
- Build marketing workflows that help you target leads based on their interactions with your site
- Manage customer support requests and build out a knowledge base
- iOS and Android apps available for CRM and Sales features
- Free HubSpot CRM with basic Marketing and Sales Hub features for contact management, tasks, forms, and Gmail and Outlook integration
- $50/month Marketing Hub Starter plan for contact and company insights, Facebook Lead Ads integration, custom branding, and support
- From $200/month Marketing Hub Basic plan for content tools, SEO strategy, mobile optimization, social media, email marketing, CTAs, landing pages, and analytics
- From $400/month Sales Hub Professional plan with 5 users for email templates, documents, reports, live chat, email sequences, smart send times and notifications, and more
- From $400/month Service Hub Professional for support tickets, knowledge base, live chat, team email, meeting scheduling, and more
Plans include 1,000 contacts; from $50/month per additional thousand contacts. Addons for website, reports, ads, and more available as well.