Eventbrite - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Planning an event is tough. There's the venue to pick and prepare, speakers and refreshments to line up, travel logistics and swag, and a dozen other things to plan. Then there's the marketing side, getting the word out about your event and making sure every attendee remembers the event's coming up.
No app can handle everything for your next event, but Eventbrite at least makes sure the marketing and attendee management is taken care of, so you can focus on the event itself.
Figure out the initial details about your event first. Once you've chosen an event location, date, graphics, and promo text together, it's time to open Eventbrite. Start a new event, fill out a form with those details, and you'll get a landing page for your event complete with a signup form for attendees. If it's a free event, that's all you'll have to do: Eventbrite will show your event on its site for your area, topic, and date, and you'll get a list of people planning to attend the event.
Want to do more? Events in Eventbrite can include just about any detail you need. You can add a waitlist to events to consider opening up more seats, create paid events complete with coupon codes and VIP access, manage seating for your attendees, make name badges, and much more. Most importantly, Eventbrite will automatically notify attendees when events are coming up—and will let you send out emails to all of your attendees whenever you'd like. Schedule them in advance, even, so you can send last-minute messages without having to write an email at the last minute.
Promoting your event on Eventbrite is partly automatic, but you'll still need to do a bit of work. Eventbrite lists upcoming events in your area on its homepage and makes it easy to search for events anywhere on earth about any topic. But to make your event a success, you'll need to promote it to your existing followers. There are built-in links with tracking codes you can share to your social networks, along with widgets for your website and Facebook page. Offer affiliate links, even, for your fans to be more motivated to share.
You can even connect those same social networks to Eventbrite, so it'll pull in live posts and photos on your event day for an easy way to keep attendees engaged after the event is over. And you can connect Eventbrite with apps your team relies on—from MailChimp and Surveymonkey's official integrations to the hundreds of apps you can connect with Zapier—to keep your event attendees a part of your regular marketing.
None of this will make the actual event planning more straightforward, but it will keep you from having to worry about who's coming, where they'll sit, and whether they'll forget about the event. And that's enough reason to give Eventbrite a shot for your next event.
Originally published February 8, 2016; updated July 6, 2018 with new screenshots, pricing, and feature details
Do More With Eventbrite
Zapier allows you to instantly connect Eventbrite with 1,400+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
- Discover events nearby, and start your own events
- Gather info about event attendees, and send them emails directly or in bulk
- Accept payments for paid events directly in Eventbrite, or use PayPal, Authorize.net, or cash and check in-person payments
- Offer multiple ticket types, discounts, and special access codes
- Sell tickets to events directly on your site or Facebook page
- iOS and Android apps available
- Free to attend and host free events
- $1+1% per paid ticket Essentials plan for one ticket type, mobile app, and core features
- $1.99+2.5% Professional plan for unlimited ticket types, ticket sales on your own site, customizable checkout, analytics, payouts before event, reserved seating, and phone support
- Custom pricing available for Premium plan with team access, rental equipment, RFID technology, on-site staffing and support, and 24/7 phone support
Additional payment processing fees and taxes apply