Buffer Help & Support
What Buffer Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Buffer Item - Triggers when there is a new item in the Buffer
- New Profile - Triggers when a new profile is added.
- Add to Buffer - Add an item to your Buffer or send an update immediately to any of your Buffer profiles.
- Add to Schedule - Add an item to your Buffer, scheduled at a specific time in the future.
How to Get Started with Buffer
About the Buffer Integration#
- Paid/versioned account: The free Buffer plan allows 10 items in the queue. If you want to put more than 10 items in, you'll need to upgrade your Buffer plan.
- Partner's documentation: https://faq.buffer.com/article/402-publish-zapier-ifttt
Setting up the Buffer Integration#
Getting started with Buffer is really fast and easy. When connecting a new Buffer Account to Zapier, here is what to expect.
You're given the chance to name this Buffer Account which is really handy if you have more than one Buffer Account inside Zapier. Of course you can just leave the default, if you'd like.
A window appears asking you to sign in to Buffer (if you're not already signed in). If you don't have a Buffer account already, now is the time to make one! After signing up or signing in, you're shown this screen:
This screen is what allows Zapier to access and create data in your Buffer account, for you. To finish, click "Allow".
You're done! You've successfully connected Buffer to Zapier and you can continue setting up your Zap.
Common Problems with Buffer
You've completely filled the buffer for the free plan, nice work! Upgrading ...#
This is a message from Buffer. The free Buffer plan allows 10 items in the queue. If you want to put more than 10 items in, you'll need to upgrade your Buffer plan to their "Awesome Plan".
Message Length Issues and HTML, Line Break Problems#
Be aware that Zapier does not by default parse, limit, shorten, or strip characters before sending your message to Buffer. In many scenarios this leads to undesirable effects. If you need to reformat the data from the trigger, you can do so with a multi-step zap using our Formatter app.
This will allow you to strip out HTML and line breaks, or other undesirable characters. You can also truncate posts to be a certain length.
Error: Must provide a photo media parameter for all Instagram service profiles#
Even though the Photo URL field is optional in the action, for certain profiles, like Instagram, it is required. Make sure to map the image you want to post to Instagram in that field.
Popular Things To Do With Buffer
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message