Docparser - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Plain text is simple—you can copy text and view it on any device, though it might not look the same everywhere. That's the virtue of PDF files: they look the exact same, with all of the formatting you'd expect in a print document, on every device. And if you scan in your paper files, your files will look like paper but will be just as hard to copy text from.
Docparser is the companion app your PDF documents and image scans need. Just like its companion app mailparser.io does for emails, you can train Docparser to find the text you need from PDF documents and copy it over to your other apps. It even includes Optical Character Recognition (or OCR), to recognize and copy text from your scanned documents in a variety of languages—and it works for images and PDFs alike. It's the automated OCR tool for recognizing text from your PDF, JPG, PNG, and TIFF files.
If you've ever used mailparser.io, you'll feel right at home in Docparser. You can start from scratch by adding a new parser and uploading some sample files to it. Only add files that are similar—perhaps purchase orders from different customers, or a few responses to the same survey. Or, you can get started faster by choosing pre-made templates to process invoices, purchase orders, applications, reports, bank statements, work orders, shipping notices, and more
Then, you can add parsing rules to teach Docparser what text you want to copy from your documents, or customize pre-set rules from the built-in templates. Each rule is designed to copy one field or table. Fields are simplest: just select a section of the PDF document or image, and Docparser will copy the text under that selection. Table data will have you first add column dividers to the document to show where your table's breaks are, and then you'll add extra parsing rules to teach Docparser which text should and shouldn't be copied.
Either way, Docparser can clean up your text to make it look great in your other apps. It can find and replace text, remove lines or white spaces, and use rules to stop and start copying data from your selection. It can also normalize addresses, split first and last names, and find common items like email addresses, links, and phone numbers in your text. And it can even recognize barcodes and QR codes from documents, extracting the text from them and including it in your final copied data.
Once you're done adding rules for everything you want copied from your documents, you can start adding your documents to the parsing queue. You can drag-and-drop documents into Docparser, or send them as email attachments. Or, with Zapier's Docparser integrations, you can add new files from Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and more to Docparser to process automatically. Then, with the same integrations, you can save your parsed text to your favorite apps: spreadsheets, email apps, databases, and more. Or, you can download your parsed data in spreadsheet formats to analyze on your own.
PDF documents don't have to be annoying, and you definitely don't need to hand-type in survey responses and more from your scanned PDF and image files. Instead, let Docparser do it. Teach it what's most important from your documents, connect integrations to send your files to Docparser, and you'll never have to manually type data from an image again.
- Find the full list of languages supported by Docparser's OCR.
- Learn how to build your own Docparser integrations with the Docparser knowledge base.
- Using Docparser to pull data from your paper surveys? Use Zapier's guide to learn how to make more effective surveys.
- Learn how Soylent uses Docparser's companion app Mailparser to pull data out of emails and build an automated legal database.
Do More With Docparser
Zapier allows you to instantly connect Docparser with 1,500+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
- Automatically parse text from PDF and image files
- Pull in documents automatically from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box
- Create parsing rules to pull data out of complex documents, with different rules for each type of document
- Use OCR to copy text from scanned documents and images
- Add files via Docparser's API or email files to be parsed
- Send parsed data to other apps via API, or download in Excel, CSV, JSON, or XML formats
- $19/month Starter plan for 100 documents/month
- $39/month Professional plan for 250 documents/month
- $79/month Business plan for 1000 documents/month
- $199/month Business+ plan for 4000 documents/month
$16/33/66/166 per month, respectively, if paid annually