Teamwork Projects - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Teamwork Projects is one of the best project management apps because of its ease of use and good value. It offers all the tools you'd expect to find in any piece of project management software: tasks, milestones, deadlines, group messages, time-tracking, Gantt chart views, kanban board views, and so forth. Open the app, and you'll see an overview of your team's activity—new tasks, messages, completed goals, and the like. Teamwork Projects also highlights milestones a little more than some other project management apps, which may help guide teams to completing projects on time and within budget.
Teamwork Projects has you start by creating new projects, asking for start and due dates as well as a description, and other details that define your project. It's the information the frames your work: Your team needs to start somewhere, and end somewhere else. Next, you enter tasks, either individually or by bulk-adding them as a plain text list, with @names to assign them and due dates in brackets. Now, all that's left is to set your milestones—complete with start and due dates—and select a task list to tie to that milestone. You can then get to work, checking off tasks and collaborating with your team, and the milestones page will update your progress automatically.
The first project for a team always takes the longest to set up, but future projects will likely go quicker. Teamwork Projects includes templates for welcome emails, task lists, and much more. When you take time to set them up, perhaps with default tasks for new projects, you can get to started on other work faster and more efficiently.
Milestones and tasks help you keep track of how to make concrete progress toward a goal. To actually accomplish the tasks, you'll need a place to store your work files, talk with your team, and turn the time spent on tasks into invoices for client work. Teamwork Projects includes tools for all those functions. You can add individual notes to document your work, share links, and track billable and non-billable hours, as well as expenses, to turn into an invoice that can be sent to an accounting app, such as QuickBooks or Xero Online, or saved as a PDF.
While Teamwork Project doesn't include a chat app, there is a companion Teamwork Chat app that you can add to your toolset. Likewise, if you need to handle customer support, the Teamwork Desk app puts your support tickets just a click away.
Keeping your team members informed about your progress and status is easy, too, with status updates. Status updates appear in a feed and are often used for team members to tell one another their individual status for the moment, such as whether they're out of office, traveling on business, in a meeting, or working on a particular task. Teamwork Projects also offers numerous RSS feeds, which offers another way to keep up with your team's status messages, completed tasks, and other work-related information.
It's easy to keep up with tasks in almost any app, but sometimes it's hard to push projects to completion. Teamwork Projects just might be the nudge you need to stay focused on that finish line, and get your projects done on time.
Do More With Teamwork Projects
Teamwork Projects Features
- Manage projects and tasks collaboratively
- See project plans as Gantt charts, reports, and other views
- Add tags, descriptions, dependencies, reminders, and other assets to tasks
- Track time spent on tasks
- Create invoices to bill clients and connect to accounting apps
- Create and use templates for task lists, projects, and more
- iOS and Android apps available
Teamwork Projects Pricing
- Free for 2 active projects, 100MB storage, up to 5 members, and with limited features
- $11.25/month Pro plan for 300 projects, 100GB storage, up to 50 members (min. 5), plus cloud storage integration, task boards, and webhooks
- $18.75/month Premium plan for 600 projects, 250GB storage, up to 100 members (min. 5), with everything in Pro plus project portfolio, two-factor authentication, custom domain, and more
- Custom pricing for Enterprise plans with additional storage, support, and security
$108/year, $180/year for Pro and Premium plan, respectively