- Admin/owner permissions: If you use the Quick Base API to submit data to your app via a web form, you must ensure that the role used to submit the data has at least Basic Access application permissions. If the app level permission is set to None, you will receive an error message when data is submitted. More information can be found here.
- Paid/versioned account: Quickbooks restricts API access to users on their Premier plan and higher. Users on Quickbase's Essential plan will not be able to use it with Zapier.
When you start creating a QuickBase Zap, you will be asked to connect your QuickBase account.
Next, you'll be asked to enter your QuickBase Realm and User Token.
To locate your User Token in your QuickBase account, please follow these steps:
- On the user dropdown on the global bar, choose "My preferences".
- Under "My User Information", click the link for Manage my user tokens for realm
- Click the "New user token" button.
- Click "OK".
- In the "Basics" section, enter a Name and a Description for your token.
- In the "Assign token to apps" section, click the dropdown arrows to select which apps you want to assign this token to. You can assign a token to as many as 20 apps.
- Click "Save". The new token appears in the list of user tokens. API calls containing this token can now interact with the application. The new token is also available for assignment to other applications
Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then “Continue”.
If all steps were successful your QuickBase account will now be successfully connected.