Quick Base Help & Support
What QuickBase Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Record - Triggers when a new record is created.
- Update Record - Updates a record in a Quick Base table.
- Create / Update Records From Array - Creates or updates records in a Quick Base table based off a provided merge field. Be aware all mapped fields will be over written with values
- Create Record - Creates a new record in a Quick Base table.
- Delete Record - Deletes a record in a Quick Base table.
How to Get Started with QuickBase
About the Quick Base Integration#
- Admin/owner permissions: If you use the Quick Base API to submit data to your app via a web form, you must ensure that the role used to submit the data has at least Basic Access application permissions. If the app level permission is set to None, you will receive an error message when data is submitted. More information can be found here.
- Paid/versioned account: Quickbooks restricts API access to users on their Premier plan and higher. Users on Quickbase's Essential plan will not be able to use it with Zapier.
Setting up the QuickBase Integration#
When you start creating a QuickBase Zap, you will be asked to connect your QuickBase account.
Next, you'll be asked to enter your QuickBase Realm and User Token.
To locate your User Token in your QuickBase account, please follow these steps:
- On the user dropdown on the global bar, choose "My preferences".
- Under "My User Information", click the link for Manage my user tokens for realm ...
- Click the "New user token" button.
- Click "OK".
- In the "Basics" section, enter a Name and a Description for your token.
- In the "Assign token to apps" section, click the dropdown arrows to select which apps you want to assign this token to. You can assign a token to as many as 20 apps.
- Click "Save". The new token appears in the list of user tokens. API calls containing this token can now interact with the application. The new token is also available for assignment to other applications
Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then “Continue”.
If all steps were successful your QuickBase account will now be successfully connected.
Common Problems with Quickbase
Error: "Feature not supported: API Calls and Application Tokens are not supported on this account."#
This error is due to the plan you have with Quickbase. They only allow API access(which Zapier uses) on their Premier plan and higher, so users on the Quickbase Essential plan will not be able to use it with Zapier.
Some of My Fields Don't Show Up for the New Row Action#
When determining which fields to show for the action, Zapier filters out fields that are not default columns for the table. Here is a quick walkthrough of how to mark a column as a default column:
First, select the correct app, then choose the correct table from the table bar. In this example, we'll choose the table named "cars."
On the table's homepage, click the link to "Customize this page".
On the customize page, click the link to edit default report settings.
In the default report settings, there is a section where you can select which columns should be defaults. The columns in the right box (Default Columns) are the ones that Zapier will display. Don't forget to click save when you make changes!
You may also consider selecting the option at the bottom to be prompted about making new fields default columns. Otherwise you will have to remember to come back to this page and edit the list again.
Some of the data I write to my row is not coming through to Quickbase#
If you're using the New Row action and some of your data isn't being written to the row, check the name of the field. If your field name has a number in it (ex.
1_Last_Name), Quickbase will silently reject the data sent to that field. To fix, change the name of the field to not include a number (ex.
Popular Things To Do With QuickBase
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message