Kintone Help & Support
What Kintone Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Record - Triggers when a new record is created.
- Add Comment - Adds a new comment into 1 record of an app.
- Update Status - Updates the Status of 1 record of an app.
- Update Record By Record ID - Updates details of 1 record of an app by specifying its record number.
- Update Record By Update Key - Updates details of 1 record in an app by specifying a unique key.
- Create Record - Creates a new record.
How to Get Started with Kintone on Zapier
To get started with kintone on Zapier, first you will need to click to connect your custom Kintone app account to use with your Zap.
Next, you'll be asked to enter your Kintone API Key, Domain, Sub Domian and Application ID
To locate your API Key in your Kintone account, please follow these steps:
- Access your Kintone application and select the “Change App Settings” from the more options drop down(three dots) on the right-hand side.
- Within the application settings click the “Advanced Settings” to expand the menu and select “API Token”
- Use the API Token menu to generate your API token and set permission controls
Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then “Continue”. If your API was entered correctly your custom Kintone app account will now be successfully connected.
Popular Things To Do With Kintone
Common Problems with Kintone
No data is being sent to Kintone but I have a successful task in my Task History?#
This will most likely be if you are using the Japan version of Kintone and using the light course. You will need the Standard or Developer Licence in order to use Zapier. This does not apply if you are using the US version of Zapier.
If you have any questions about this, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message