Invoice Ninja - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
You started your company to do great work—not to spend all of your time managing tasks and making sure your team gets paid. But with your quotes in one place, tasks in another, and a handful of other tools to manage your invoices and payments, it's easy to spend all of your time managing the mess.
Invoice Ninja can handle all of it, with a surprisingly affordable online account or self-hosted right on your own servers. It's for much more than just invoices, too. You can manage client projects from start to finish here, from the first quote to the final payment for the job all in one place.
You'll likely start out by adding details about your projects and vendors. That'll help you easily create quotes and invoices by pulling in those pre-written product and service descriptions and pricing. You can then customize your quote and invoice template, selecting the colors and fonts to quickly make a design that matches your branding—or you can dive into Invoice Ninja's custom table-based code to tweak the design further.
Then, when you bring on a new client, you'll add their info to the Clients tab—a built-in CRM to track info about your customers. Create a quote for them, with the product and service info you need—or new line items just for this project. You can then log tasks for your team, and time how long you spend working on each one to easily bill clients for your team's work. And if you incur any expenses in the project, Invoice Ninja can track those as well.
Once the project's finished, you can turn the quote, tasks, expenses, and more into a finished invoice in seconds. Invoice Ninja only makes you enter the most important details, relying on pre-made templates to quickly turn your work into an invoice. It can email that invoice to your client, along with a PDF and a link to view the invoice online. That link includes a full customer portal where your client can view all of their work with your company and save past invoices. And, they can pay you right from the online invoice, using the payment processing service you've added to your account.
Need to invoice people for the same thing on a regular basis? Invoice Ninja can handle those recurring invoices, sending them out on a schedule or charging your customers when it's time. You can add credits to customers' accounts to refund them perhaps or give them an incentive to work with you again, and track your company's overall finances on your dashboard or with detailed reports. And if you want, you can run all of that on your own server, for an in-house invoicing and finance system that you can customize the way you want.
Invoice Ninja is a great way to manage everything about your company's client work in one place—in a tool that helps you quickly track the details and then get back to the work you love.
Do More With Invoice Ninja
Invoice Ninja Features
- Quickly create quotes and invoices online
- Log tasks, expenses, and time spent on projects
- Manage your products and vendors to pull data into invoices
- Receive online payments via Stripe, Braintree, WePay, and more
- Use client portal so customers can see their back invoices
- Run open-source edition on your own server
- iOS app available
Invoice Ninja Pricing
- Free for 100 clients, unlimited invoices, 4 invoice templates, online payments, and core features
- $8/month Ninja Pro plan for unlimited clients, invoices, and quotes, along with auto-billing, recurring invoices, time tracking, alerts, product management, PDF invoices, and customized branding
- $12/month Enterprise plan for 2 users with Pro features plus 3rd party file attachments, multiple user accounts, and permissions settings.
- Self-hosted open source edition available
Two months free per year with annual plans; Enterprise plans cost $18/24/36 per month for 5/10/20 users, respectively