This error occurs when trying to manipulate contacts in a group you don't have ownership of. To change ownership, you'll need to do the following:
Once in the delegation settings, you'll need to make sure you're the owner there.
Google Contacts will only return 50 items to Zapier at a time. That means that if you add more than 50 new contacts in between the zap running, they won't all trigger the zap.
Other apps connected to Google contacts can update the contact in the background without you knowing. Try disabling any apps connected to Google Contacts. To figure out what apps have access to Google Contacts, go here: https://myaccount.google.com/security and click on "Connected apps & sites." Then click on "Manage Apps" and you should see a list that looks like this:
You will want to disable any apps that connect to Google Contacts. You can do so one at a time and see if the problem persists.
Unfortunately, our Google Contacts app does not have a method of reporting when a contact is deleted from your account presently.
Google Contacts doesn't let us trigger on just new contacts yet but there is a workaround:
1. When creating a new contact, manually add some value to an unused field in the contact
2. Set up a filter to only allow contacts with this value to pass
3. Add an Update Contact step later in the Zap to remove/alter this value
With this setup, further updates to that contact won't pass the filter.
Let's say you want to create a Contact with multiple phone numbers:
1. First, use a Create Contact step to define the first phone number.
2. Then, for each additional phone number you want to define, add an Update Contact step.
So if you want to create a Contact with 3 phone numbers, it requires 1 Create Contact step and 2 Update Contact steps.