Launched on Zapier May 3, 2016
Zapier combines Triggers (like "New Subscriber") and Actions (like "Translate Text") to complete an action in one app when a trigger occurs in another app. These combos—called "Zaps"—complete your tasks automatically.
The following Translate Triggers, Searches, and Actions are supported by Zapier:
Translates text you provide into another language. Text is capped at 1000 characters.
Tries to detect the language used for the provided text.
Translate new RSS feed items and post them to a custom feed
Great content comes in all languages. Broaden your reading selection by using automation and machine translation to convert an RSS feed from one language to another. This integration has three steps: It will trigger whenever a new item is posted to an RSS feed, sending the content through Zapier's translation app. This will translate it into the language you indicate during setup and then post the content to a custom RSS feed for you to read and share.
Note: Zapier Translation can auto-detect the source language, or this can be forced (useful if there may be multiple languages used in the content.
How this RSS-Translation-RSS integration works
- A new item is posted to an RSS feed
- Zapier translates it into the language of your choice
- Zaper posts it to an RSS feed
- Only Zapier!
Post today's weather to a Slack channel in your language
Zapier's Weather app may be in English, but that doesn't mean you can't let the team know whether to bring an umbrella or wear a t-shirt in their native tongue! Set up this automation, and we'll translate the weather forecast into your chosen language and post it to your Slack channel daily.
How this Weather-Slack integration works
- A new weather forecast is calculated
- Zapier translates it into your language and posts a summary to your Slack channel
- Weather by Zapier
Create comments on new non-English Zendesk tickets with their translations
You're there to clear the queue, not fuss with translation. We can do that! Set up this automation, and whenever a new ticket is received in your chosen Zendesk view (one for non-English ticket), Zapier will automatically translate the body and update the ticket with it, so anyone on the team can start investigating the issue.
How this Zendesk integration works
- A new ticket is created on Zendesk
- Zapier automatically translates it, and updates the ticket with the translation
Auto-respond to non-English emails in their language
Auto-responders are great—if they're understood. This Multi-Step Zap is an example of how you can use Zapier's Translate app to communicate clearly with everyone reaching out to you, delighting them with a response in their native language.
How this Gmail-Translate-Gmail integration works
- You receive an email on Gmail
- Zapier translates it, and replies to the email on your behalf with your message translated into the recipient's language
- Translate by Zapier
Translate text and post it to Slack with Zapier's Chrome extension
Need a quick way to translate text? Say you have a support ticket in a language you can't read, or want info on a product written in a different language. Just copy that text, then paste it into the Zapier Chrome extension. Zapier will then detect the language, translate the text, and send it to you in a Slack direct message. It's a simple way to read anything you want on the web.
How this Zapier-Google Translate-Slack integration works
- Enter the text to be translated into the Zapier extension
- Zapier figures out which language and translates the text with Google Translate
- Zapier then sends that to you in a Slack direct message
- Zapier's Chrome Extension
- Google Translate
Translate new Typeform entries and add them to Zendesk
Have users that speak a variety of languages? This Zap will help you translate the Typeform entry that the customer submitted, then automatically send it to your support system, Zendesk. That way, you can take action on the users' feedback or problem right away.
How this Typeform-Translate-Zendesk integration works
- A new entry is created in Typeform
- Zapier translates the entry
- Zapier adds the translated entry to Zendesk as a ticket
- Translate by Zapier
Get emails with translations of new WordPress posts
If there's a foreign blog or site you love, chances are you translate that webpage often. We can do that work for you, and deliver it to your inbox in the language you prefer.
How this WordPress integration works
- A new post is published on a WordPress site
- Zapier translates it, and sends you an email
Translate new Formstack submissions and save them on Google Drive
If one or more of your Formstack form fields ask for responses that you're always translating, set up some automation to save you the hassle:
How this Formstack-Google Drive integration works
- A new submission is received on Formstack
- Zapier translates it and adds a new file to Google Drive
- Google Drive
Translate and archive new Twilio SMS messages on Google Sheets
Not all of your audience will reply to your prompts in your language, but that's not a problem if you set up this automation:
How this Twilio-Google Sheets integration works
- A new SMS message is received on Twilio
- Zapier translates and adds it to a row on Google Sheets
- Google Sheets
Translate new Google Sheets rows and add them to another worksheet
Receiving items to translate on your Google Sheet, but need to keep the originals on hand? No problem. Set up this automation, and whenever you add a new row to a particular Google Sheet, we'll automatically translate the items you need and create a new row with them on a different worksheet.
How this Google Sheets integration works
- A new row is added on Google Sheets
- Zapier translates it, and adds a new row to a different Google Sheet
- Google Sheets
Translate text and post it to a Slack channel from a Google Chrome extension
Translate text automatically without losing focus on what you're currently doing. Use this Zap to automatically translate a string of text and send it to a Slack channel. Just input the text into the Zapier Chrome extension: That way, you don't even have to navigate away from your current browser window.
How this Push by Zapier-Translate by Zapier-Slack integration works
- You type text into the Push by Zapier Chrome extension
- Zapier translates the text into another language
- Zapier sends a Slack message with the translated text
- The Push by Zapier Chrome extension
- Translate by Zapier
Translate new tagged Pocket items and store them on Evernote
You don't have to translate every foreign page you feel like reading later; we'll do it for you. Set up this Zap, and whenever you tag an item on Pocket with "Translate" (customizable), we'll automatically create a note on Evernote with all of its details.
How this Pocket-Evernote integration works
- A new page is tagged on Pocket
- Zapier translates and adds its excerpt to a note on Evernote
Translate new Office 365 emails into English and add them to OneNote
Want to make sure you completely understand the messages being sent to you before replying or taking action? You got it! Once you've set up this automation, it will trigger whenever you receive a new Office 365 email, translate it, and add it to OneNote for your review.
How this Office 365-OneNote integration works
- A new email is received on Office 365
- Zapier automation adds a new note for it on OneNote
- Office 365
Translate new labeled Gmail emails into English and create a draft reply
Whether you're conversant or don't know the language at all, automatic translation can help make sure you don't make any mistakes when replying to foreign emails. Set up this automation, and whenever your chosen label is applied to any new email on Gmail, we'll automatically prepare a draft response for you, including a translation of the original so you know exactly what to say.
How this Gmail integration works
- A new email is labeled on Gmail
- Zapier automatically translates it, and prepares a draft reply with the translation
Translate non-English Help Scout tickets and create Trello cards for them
The faster you clear those tickets, the better for your customers. Save yourself the trouble and slow-down of having to translate emails before you can dig in: Once this automation is active, it will trigger with every Help Scout ticket you add to a specific mailbox (like an "International Tickets" box), translating the ticket and automatically creating a new Trello card with the translation for your reference when it's time to reply.
How this Help Scout integration works
- A new email is received from a customer on Help Scout
- Zapier automatically translates it, and creates a new Trello card for it
- Help Scout
Translate new Wufoo entries and save them on Dropbox
Letting your respondents answer in their own language doesn't mean you have to do the work of translating their entries—we can do it for you! Once you've set up this Wufoo-Dropbox integration, Zapier will capture every new entry your Wufoo form receives, automatically saving them as a text file on Dropbox.
How this Wufoo-Dropbox integration works
- A new entry is received on Wufoo
- Zapier translates it and adds a new text file on Dropbox
Do More With Translate
Get started for free—14 day trial of premium features and apps.
No coding required—automate any of 1,000+ apps in minutes.
Enterprise-level security—connect mission-critical apps.