Pipedrive Help & Support
What Pipedrive Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- Organization Matching Filter - Triggers when an organization matches a Pipedrive filter.
- New Deal - Triggers when a new deal is created.
- Person Matching Filter - Triggers when a person matches a Pipedrive filter.
- Deal Matching Filter - Triggers when a deal matches a Pipedrive filter.
- Updated Organization - Triggers when an existing organization is updated.
- Updated Deal - Triggers when an existing deal is updated.
- New Organization - Triggers when a new organization is created.
- New Note - Triggers when a new note is created.
- New Person - Triggers when a new person is created.
- Activity Matching Filter - Triggers when an activity matches a Pipedrive filter.
- New Activity - Triggers when a new activity is created.
- Updated Person - Triggers when an existing person is updated.
- Update Person - Updates an existing person.
- Create Person - Creates a new person.
- Update Activity - Updates an existing activity.
- Add Follower - Adds a follower to a deal, organization, person or product.
- Create Note - Creates a new note.
- Create Deal - Creates a new deal.
- Update Organization - Updates an existing organization.
- Create Organization - Creates a new organization.
- Update Deal - Updates an existing deal.
- Attach File - Uploads a file and attaches it to a deal, person, organization, activity, product or note.
- Create Activity - Creates a new activity.
- Create Product - Creates a new product.
- Add Product to Deal - Adds a product to a deal.
- Find Person - Finds a person by name or email.
- Find Product - Finds a product by name.
- Find User - Finds a user by name or email.
- Find Deal - Finds a deal by name.
- Find Activity - Finds an activity by subject.
- Find Organization - Finds an organization by name.
How to Get Started with Pipedrive
To get started with Pipedrive, first click to add a Pipedrive account to Zapier to be used in your Zap.
Next, you'll be asked for your Pipedrive API Key.
How to get your Pipedrive API key#
To find your API Key, you'll first want to log into your account and head to your settings.
On the next screen, head to the API tab to find and copy your API key and paste it into Zapier.
Once you've entered your API Key and clicked continue, we'll test your account to make sure the connection works. If it does, you're all set!
Popular Things To Do With Pipedrive
Common Problems with Pipedrive
Not all activities are triggering my Zap#
New Activity trigger will default to only activities created by the user whose account is connected to Zapier. If you want to trigger on multiple user's activities, you'll want to select "Everyone" from the User dropdown:
Old deals are triggering my Zap#
Both the "New Deal" and "New Deal in Stage" triggers can have issues where they return deals that are old/have been in the stage for awhile but were recently updated. This is because when the zap is turned on, we only get the 500 most recently updated deals. If a deal is updated that is not one of the "original 500", the zap think it's new and trigger.
To get around this, you can build a filter in Pipedrive that takes into account the date the deal was created. Then, pick that filter on this screen:
You can read how to create filter views in Pipedrive here: http://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/207497075-Filtering#C2.
My note is not formatted correctly#
The Note Content field accepts HTML for formatting, so if you want line breaks, bold, or italics text, you can add HTML tags. Here is a good reference for HTML tags: http://htmldog.com/guides/html/beginner/.
So, for example, you can enter this:
Which will result in this:
Not all phone numbers are showing up#
Pipedrive allows you to add multiple numbers when creating a new person (for example, "work," "mobile," and "home"):
However, because of the way that phone numbers are stored in Pipedrive, Zapier is only able to pull the first number entered in the list (i.e. the 'primary' phone number):
Unfortunately we don't have a great workaround for this; your best bet is to add the phone number to a note or another field that Zapier can pull. We'd like to address this in future updates, though, so please send us an email if you'd like to be notified when we introduce a fix!
I'm trying to send data to custom currency fields but nothing shows up in Pipedrive#
To write data to a custom currency field in Pipedrive, you'll need to fill out the amount field and the currency field. They'll look like this:
If you leave the currency field blank, it'll default to your default currency setting in Pipedrive.
If you need to override that, provide the three letter currency code you see in Pipedrive here:
So, sending this:
Will result in this:
I want to trigger off of custom events#
Using the "Matching Filter" triggers will allow you more flexibility in regards to choosing what event trigger your Zap. These filters are defined inside of the Pipedrive.com app, and can be configured in a variety of ways. For more information, check out the Pipedrive help guide here.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message