Facebook Lead Ads Help & Support
What Facebook Lead Ads Triggers and Actions are Supported?
How to Get Started with Facebook Lead Ads on Zapier
About Facebook Lead Ads' Integration#
- Admin/owner permissions - You need to be a Page Admin for the page you are collecting leads for, and if you are using Facebook Business Manager to manage your Ad account, your setup must be as either an Ad account advertiser or Ad account admin in Facebook Business Manager for your Ad account. You may also need to give CRM permission to Zapier by adding it to your Facebook page - more on how to do that here.
- Paid/versioned account - No cost outside of purchasing the ad space from Facebook
- Custom field support - Yes
To get started, connect your Facebook Lead Ads account to Zapier.
With your account connected, click "Continue" in order to select the Facebook Page and Form (Lead Ad) to involve in this Zap.
If all steps were successful your Facebook Lead Ads account will now be successfully connected.
Tip: During your Zap's trigger test stage we'll get some fake dummy data from Facebook. If you want to get a real sample to better map our your Action template with, during your test steps follow this guide to submit a test lead from Facebook.
Popular Facebook Lead Ads Integrations
See more Facebook lead ads integrations
Facebook Lead Ads Tips and Tricks
Using the Facebook Lead Ads Testing Tool#
You may need to test Facebook Lead Ads, and you want to use a sample contact other than Facebook would pick up from your login. You can do that using the Facebook Lead Ads Testing Tool.
- Go to Facebook’s Leads Ads Testing Tool here: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/
- Select your Page & Form
- Click on “Delete Lead” (Don’t worry — it won’t delete any live leads, just Facebook’s example lead)
- Click on “Preview Form”
- Fill out your form like normal
- Click "Submit"
Common Problems with Facebook Lead Ads
I’m Receiving New Leads in Facebook, but My Zap Is Not Being Triggered#
If your Zap is turned on and you are receiving leads in Facebook, but your Zap is not being triggered, there are a few things that you can do to fix this:
1. Page and Ad account Permissions
In order to use Facebook Lead Ads, you need to be a Page Admin for the page you are collecting leads for. In addition to this, if you are using Facebook Business Manager to manage your Ad account, your setup must be as either an Ad account advertiser or Ad account admin in Facebook Business Manager for your Ad account:
2. CRM Permissions
Sometimes your Zapier CRM permissions may have not been connected correctly. To reset your CRM permissions follow these instructions:
- Go to: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools and then remove access to Zapier
- Reconnect Facebook Lead Ads again here: https://zapier.com/app/settings/authorizations and this will refresh your settings to allow Zapier access to your leads.
3. Re-select Your Form Within Your Zap Editor
Make sure that the form you've selected in the Zap Editor is the same form that you're using in Facebook Lead Ads. Especially if you've changed the name of your Form recently, this step helps to refresh your settings by re-selecting your form from the dropdown:
4. Check the Facebook Lead Ads testing tool for any errors
To do this follow these instructions:
- Visit: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing/
- Select the Page and Form
- Click "Create Lead"
- Click the "Track Status" button
- Review the section below "Track Status" for any errors or messages
If you have checked all of the above and your Zap is still not being triggered despite receiving new leads in Facebook Lead Ads, please contact us, so we can take a look for you!
Error: "CRM access has been revoked from Lead Access Manager"#
To fix the following error message, follow these instructions:
- Double check your permissions, as you need to be a Page Admin for the page you are collecting leads for. In addition to this, if you are using Facebook Business Manager to manage your Ad Account, your setup must be as either an Ad account advertiser or Ad account admin in Facebook Business Manager for your Ad Account:
- Once you've checked your permissions, reset your access settings by navigating to the Page in question here in Business Manager here: https://business.facebook.com/settings/leads-accesses
- Then next click the “Restore Default Access” at the top-right of the page:
Unable to find lead to use in my Trigger sample#
If unable to proceed past the test step because you're missing a sample lead, do the following:
- Visit developers.facebook.com/tools/lead-ads-testing
- Select the page and form (lead ad) used in this integration
- (Optional) Click on "Preview form" to fill out the form
- Click "Create lead"
- Return to the Zap editor and proceed
NOTE: If you've already used this tool to send a lead you'll have to delete that lead before you can submit another one.
I have a Business Manager account but Zapier is connecting my personal Facebook account#
Permissions for Facebook Lead Ads in Business Manager are assigned to your personal Facebook account. Any Pages/Ad Accounts that you've been assigned to in Business Manager are available when you connect your personal Facebook account.
Error: "Problem creating webhook subscription"#
If you run into this error when trying to test your Facebook Lead Ads Zap, it could be that your linked Facebook account is not an Admin of the page you selected. Your account needs to be an Admin of the page to be able to use this integration.
You can check to see if your account is an Admin by opening your Facebook page settings and navigating to "Page Roles".
If you are using Facebook Business Manager to manage your Page, you can check to see if your account is a Page Admin by navigating to the "People and Assets" section in Business Manager Settings:
If you are getting this error and you are an Admin of the page, please contact us, so we can take a look!
Error validating access token: Session does not match current stored session#
If you're seeing this error, it's likely because you changed your password in Facebook. You'll need to reconnect your account. You can do that by going to the Connected Accounts page and clicking the reconnect button next to Facebook Lead Ads, then typing in your credentials.
Facebook Lead Ads is returning
This is caused by the trigger being sent from the Facebook testing tool. It was not an organic lead. When you map that field, you can expect it to work once the Zap is running on real data.
Facebook Lead Ads gives me a full name but I need first and last#
There are a couple of things you can do if you run into this.
- Change the Lead Ads form to include First Name and Last Name instead of Full name
- Use our Formatter app to split the name into 2 parts:
My existing leads in Facebook didn't trigger the Zap#
Zapier will not be able to see leads that were created before your Zap was turned On; we can only trigger off of leads that have been newly added to the Trigger app.
One workaround to import leads that were created prior to the Zap being turned On is to follow these instructions to download your Facebook leads as a comma-separated values file (CSV file). With a CSV file in-hand, you can semi-manually copy records into a Google Spreadsheet to trigger a Google Spreadsheet Zap. Be wary of rate limits. You can check out this guide for more information on how to do this.
Custom Audience Terms Not Accepted#
When using the action "Create Custom Audience", the Zap returns the following error:
Custom Audience Terms Not Accepted. You'll need to agree to the Custom Audience terms before you can create or edit an audience of CUSTOM type. To accept, go to https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos/
In July 2018, Facebook made a change in their site, which requires all users to acknowledge/approve their Terms of Service before creating any new custom audiences. This will only need to be performed once for your Facebook Leads account.
What to do if your Zap isn't finding the newest leads as sample data#
If you're trying to get the most recent lead to come through (perhaps because it has a new field you need to use), make sure that you have a specific form selected in the trigger options.
If you don't have a form selected here, Zapier will retrieve samples from oldest to newest. When you select a form, however, the samples will be retrieved from newest to oldest, so you'll be able to use the most recent leads.
What if I cannot find a Page that I should?#
At the moment, there may be some cached permission issues that we need to resolve with an update to our application. In the meantime, if you cannot find a Page you have adequate permissions for, you may wish to fully disconnect Zapier from your Lead Ads account, and then re-add it.
To disconnect and reconnect Zapier from Facebook:
- Inside of Facebook, disconnect Facebook and Zapier from the Business Integrations page: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
- Inside of Zapier, reconnect Facebook and Zapier on the Connected Accounts page: https://zapier.com/app/settings/authorizations
Keep in mind that this will effect all of your Zaps using this user's account. If you have more than one Zapier account or other people using a shared login, you may wish to notify them before you do so.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message