Todoist Help & Support
What Todoist Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Complete Task - Triggers when you complete a task on a project.
- New Any Completed Task - Only for Todoist Premium users! Triggers when you complete a task (including recurring tasks) on a project.
- New Complete Task With Label - Triggers when an item with a specific label is completed.
- New Project - Triggers when a new project is created.
- New Incomplete Task - Triggers when you add an incomplete task to a project.
- Create Project - Creates a new project.
- Add Comment to Project - Adds a new comment to a project (only available for Todoist Premium users).
- Create Task - Creates a new task.
- Invite User to Project - Sends an e-mail to a person, inviting them to use one of your projects..
- Update Task - Updates an existing task.
- Add Comment to Task - Adds a comment to a task (only available for Todoist Premium users).
- Mark Task as Completed - Marks a task as being completed.
- Find Task - Finds a task.
- Find User - Searches for a user who is connected/shared with your account.
- Find Project - Finds a project (by name/title).
How to Get Started with Todoist on Zapier
The first thing you'll need to do to get started with hooking up Todoist with Zapier and the hundreds of services we work with is adding your Todoist account to Zapier. When creating a Todiost Zap, you will be prompted to add your Account:
You would then be prompted to enter your Todoist Username and Password:
The screen would then ask you to confirm permission settings:
After confirming, your Todoist account would now be linked to your Zapier account. You can now proceed in creating your Zap!
Common Problems with Todoist
Why aren't my notes showing on my task?#
Notes and attachments are Premium features on Todoist, so you will need to purchase Todoist Premium in order for notes to be passed on by your Zap.
Completed sub-tasks aren't triggering my Zap.#
Sub-tasks do not trigger when they're completed but rather when the parent task is completed. Sub-tasks will not trigger until the Task is checked off at which point two Zapier trigger events will fire.
Popular Things To Do With Todoist
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message