SurveyMonkey Help & Support
What SurveyMonkey Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Response Notification - Triggers a notification when your survey is completed.
- New Response Notification With Answers - Triggers a notification when your survey is completed and sends the entire response. Only for SurveyMonkey annual paid users.
- Send Survey - Send a survey invitation to one or more contacts and/or emails.
- Create Contact - Creates a new contact in your address book.
- Find Survey - Find one of your surveys.
- Find Contact - Find one of your address book contacts.
- Find Collector - Find a collector for one of your surveys.
How to Get Started with SurveyMonkey on Zapier
About SurveyMonkey's Integration#
- Admin/owner permissions: Admin
- Paid/versioned account: Standard Annual, Advantage and Premier plan
- Custom field support: N/A
- Partner’s documentation: https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/Zapier
Connecting with SurveyMonkey#
To get started with SurveyMonkey, first click to add a SurveyMonkey account in your Zap.
Next, you'll name this SurveyMonkey account.
You should then get a pop-up window from SurveyMonkey asking you to log-in and another to authorize the connection between that SurveyMonkey account and Zapier.
After logging in, you'll get sent back to your zap where you now have your SurveyMonkey account connected!
Popular Things To Do With SurveyMonkey
Common Problems with SurveyMonkey
I'm getting an error telling me I need to upgrade my Survey Monkey plan to an annual subscription.#
The "New Response Notification with Answers" trigger will require you to have any Annual paid plan with Survey Monkey. This includes the Standard Annual, Advantage and Premier plan, which are all annual subscription plans that Survey Monkey offer. This information can be found here: https://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/en_US/kb/SurveyMonkey-Partner-Integrations-Changes
The only paid plan that doesn't work with Zapier integrations is their Standard Monthly plan, which is their only monthly subscription plan.
The Email or Name Fields Are Empty#
SurveyMonkey responses have three default fields, Email, First Name, and Last Name. Those will only be populated from your SurveyMonkey address book if you are using an email collector. If you have a question on your survey that asks for their name or email, use the Responses field for that question when you match up the fields.
Respondent ID Is the Only Appearing Field#
If your Survey responses fields are not showing up when you are setting up your Zap, you might need to submit or refresh some sample data.
To fix this, simply submit a brand new survey response and fill in an answer for every single question. Once you have submitted that, head back to your Zap and you should then be able to find these.
Some Fields Not Appearing#
Do your fields have exactly the same name? If you have more than one question that is exactly the same, we will only see one of those. To resolve this you will need to make sure all of your questions on your survey are unique. If they are and you are still having some trouble, please don't hesitate to get in touch, we're happy to help!
How to include required links like [SurveyLink], [OptOutLink], and [FooterLink] with Send Survey action?#
Easy - these tags just need to be typed into the
Message Body field and when we send this to SurveyMonkey's API, they will automatically populate the respective links where the tags were added within the Survey that is Sent!
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message