Pingdom - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
The web promises that everything will always be just a click away, or so it seems. It's not all that unusual when a favorite restaurant is closed for the day or your barber is out of town, but it's jarring at best when your favorite site or apps are down. But the Twitter fail whale memes were only a foreshadowing of today's world where so many sites and apps are powered by Amazon EC2, one outage can seemingly take out half of the internet.
Your customers deserve better. You can't keep your site up absolutely all the time—even the best sites go down at times. But you also shouldn't have fail whale-level outages—and when you do, you should be ready to fix the problem as soon as possible.
Pingdom won't keep your site from going down, but it will help you solve issues before they become critical, and will tell you when critical issues do need solved. It monitors your site, watching for any trouble. And as soon as something goes down, it can notify you however you like: via Twitter DM, email, phone call, SMS, and more. It'll even watch to see if the site comes back on, and let you know when it does. That way, you might not have to rush to fix something if the outage is over quickly.
With over 60 servers around the world, Pingdom can watch exactly how your site is loading for any of your users anywhere on earth. You can see how fast your site loads from Pingdom's various servers, for a quick way to spot regional slowdowns. Or, you can dig through your site's transaction flows, seeing if any part of your signup or checkout process is slower than others—or if any are broken and not loading for users. That gives you places to start working on your site, where you can improve things before they actually break and take down your site.
When things do break, though, Pingdom's alert policies let you always make sure to assign the issues to the right people on your team. You can set who gets notified for each issue, set schedules of who should be notified, when—to make sure you don't wake up the wrong person to take care of an outage—and add delays so people only get notified if the outage lasts longer than a minute, say.
Pingdom keeps full logs of everything it checks, so you can look back at your uptime and downtime, track each error and issue, and see how your site loading time has changed over time. And, you can share that info with your followers. Pingdom can turn your uptime and downtime reports into a status page where anyone can check, for a way to assure users that your team is working hard to keep your site online all the time.
Things will break, but you can limit the damage by fixing them as quickly as possible. With Pingdom, you'll always know as soon as your site goes down, so you can fix problems and get back to keeping your users happy.
Do More With Pingdom
- Monitor your website's uptime and performance automatically
- Get alerted the way you want whenever your site goes down
- See how fast your site loads for users around the world via Pingdom's 60+ global servers
- Find out which parts of your site transactions are the slowest
- Make a public status page to share site uptime with your users
- iOS and Android apps available
- $14.95/month Starter plan for 10 checks with a 1 minute interval, a public status page, and 1 advanced check on one site with 100k pageviews/month
- $45.95/month Standard plan for 50 checks, 3 advanced checks, and real user monitoring for 500k pageviews/month and 5 sites
- $89.95/month Advanced plan with 80 checks, 5 advanced checks, multi-user login for 3 users, and real user monitoring for 1m pageviews/month and 5 sites
- Enterprise pricing available
One month free per year with annual plans