IMAP Help & Support
What IMAP Triggers and Actions are supported?
- New Email - Triggers when you receive a new email.
- New Mailbox - Triggers when you add a new mailbox to your account.
How to Get Started with IMAP on Zapier
To connect your email account to Zapier using IMAP, click to connect a new account in Step 2 of your zap.
On the next screen, you'll be asked for several bits of information to finish that configuration:
- Host - This will be the URL for your IMAP server. For example, Gmail's is imap.gmail.com
- Username - This is typically the username and/or email address you use to log in to your email account
- Password - This is the password you use to log in to your email account
- Port - We let you choose either Port 143(default) or Port 993. Consult your email provider's IMAP instructions if you aren't sure which you need.
After you fill all those fields in, you click continue and we'll try to connect to your IMAP account to finish that configuration.
Common Problems with IMAP on Zapier
Can I get HTML Messages from IMAP in a Zap?#
Yes! You can get HTML messages from an IMAP trigger.
I'm Getting an "Invalid Credentials" Error When Connecting a Gmail Account#
In order to connect a Gmail account to a third-party IMAP tool, Google requires you to create an App Password. This is a password unique to your account that gives an app or device permission to use your Google account. Learn more about how to create a Google App Password.
Popular Things to do with IMAP on Zapier
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message