Help Scout Help & Support
What Help Scout Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Customer - Triggers when a new customer is added.
- Conversation Created - Triggers when a new conversation is created.
- Tags Updated - Triggers when conversation tags are updated.
- Conversation Assigned - Triggers when a conversation is assigned to agent.
- Create Conversation - Creates conversation including tags and custom fields (only with Help Scout's Plus plan). Select mailbox to see custom fields.
- Create Customer - Creates a customer, optionally with all available customer entries (emails, phones, chat handles, social profiles and address).
- Add Note - Adds a note to existing conversation.
- Send Reply - Replies to a conversation. Please note that this will send actual email to the customer unless
draftflag is used.
- Find Mailbox - Find mailbox by name.
- Get Custom Report - Get a user's support metrics over a given time range.
- Find Conversation - Find existing conversation using the supplied values. In case there are more conversations matching the criteria, the most recently updated one is selected.
- Find Customer - Finds customer by email.
- Find User - Finds user by email.
- Get Week Report - Get a user's support metrics for the current week.
- Get Day Report - Get a user's support metrics for the current day.
How to Get Started with Help Scout
When you start creating a Help Scout Zap, you will be asked to connect your Help Scout account.
You’ll now be asked to log into your Help Scout account (unless you are already logged in).
Next you will be asked to let Zapier access your Help Scout account, click Authorize.
If all steps were successful your Help Scout account will now be successfully connected.
Popular Things To Do With Help Scout
Common Problems with Help Scout
Unable to get a customer's email address#
When using the New Customer trigger, although an 'Items Email' field may appear as an option for your action step, Help Scout does not send us the email address of the new customer.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message