FreshBooks Classic - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
FreshBooks is one of the original web apps, a tool that was launched originally in 2004—the same year Basecamp and Gmail came out. As so many web apps were, FreshBooks was founded by a consulting team who build a tool to scratch their own itch. For the FreshBooks team, the motivation was losing an invoice, something they designed FreshBooks to ensure would never happen again.
From those humble origins, FreshBooks grew to become one of the more popular online invoicing tools. It let you track time, log that along with expenses into client projects, then turn them into complete invoices that let clients pay you directly from the invoices. It was everything you needed to keep track of your work and get paid for it.
And, it kept getting better. After over a decade with a similar interface, in September 2016 FreshBooks was re-launched with a fully re-designed interface. The new FreshBooks simplifies the project interface, makes it easier to collaborate, lets you track expenses in multiple currencies, and more—all with a fresh design that has FreshBooks ready for the next decade and more.
If you're happy with FreshBooks Classic, you can continue to use it for now. Or, you can upgrade your account for a fully new FreshBooks, for the same price. Either way, you'll get the same great core FreshBooks features that let you focus on your work and still get paid for it on time.
Check out our in-depth review of FreshBooks New for more info about FreshBooks' core features and its newly redesigned tools.
Do More With FreshBooks Classic
Zapier allows you to instantly connect FreshBooks Classic with 1,500+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
FreshBooks Classic Features
- Track time, tasks, and expenses on your team projects
- Build professional quotes and invoices from your tracked time and expenses
- Organize your team's work by clients and projects
- Receive credit card or PayPal payments for your work directly from invoices
- Automatically send out invoices and followup with slow paying clients
- Redesigned interface and extra features with FreshBooks New
- iOS and Android apps available
FreshBooks Classic Pricing
- $15/month Lite plan for 5 active clients
- $25/month Plus plan for 50 active clients
- $50/month Premium plan for 500 active clients
Credit card processing fees for payments from 2.9% + 30¢