BigCommerce - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Building a full eCommerce store might seem like too much trouble, when you could just sell your products on Amazon or eBay. They're simple and give you a great place to attract your first customers. If you want to customize your store further, though, you'll need your own real store—and that'll take a lot of work, work you've already put into that original store.
BigCommerce is one of the more popular tools for building an eCommerce site. With over a hundred built-in themes for your store, along with apps and integrations to make your store do more, it's a great tool to help you sell more products. One of its best features, though, just might be in how deeply integrated it is with eBay and other eCommerce platforms.
If you already have a store, all you'll need to do is export your products. You can then import them directly into BigCommerce—and can reset things if the import goes wrong. BigCommerce's team can also import your eBay, Magento, Shopify, Amazon, and other stores into Magento within a week or two if you want. You can then add multichannel apps to your store to cross-post products to Amazon, eBay, Etsy, and more. And, within Q4 2016, you'll be able to list your BigCommerce products on eBay with a native integration, complete with centralized inventory management and bulk listing to quickly add everything you're selling to eBay.
There's all the other tools you'd expect for a full-featured store: product listings that are easy to add, tools to manage inventory and product styles, and order management tools that let you see what needs shipped or manage returns easily. You can integrate with shipping services for real-time shipping quotes to make sure you never undercharge for postage, and you can offer gift wrapping services if you'd like. There's a handy Search box in the sidebar to help you find orders and customers as well.
Want to sale on social networks? BigCommerce can add a Shop to your Facebook Page, with images, pricing, and product details for everything you're selling. It can also add buyable pins to Pinterest, and Buy Now buttons to your Tweets so new customers can make a purchase right from your social network listings.
BigCommerce supports a wide range of payment processors, but the most deeply integrated is its PayPal powered Braintree payments, which lets you get as low as 2.2% transaction fees with BigCommerce's Pro and higher plans. Want to sale in person? You can use its Square integration and a point-of-sales interface to turn your online store into a cash register experience.
You'll also need new other tools to juggle your finance and customer data. That's why BigCommerce includes deep integrations with QuickBooks, Xero, and other accounting apps to sync your sales, customer information, and more. For customer support, you can connect your store to LivePerson or Olark to add live chat support to your store, or include Disqus or IntenseDebate comments. Zapier's BigCommerce integrations then let you add customers to your CRM, log orders in spreadsheets, create tasks for new orders in your to-do list app, and more.
Then, you'll need to make sure you keep customers engaged with your store. BigCommerce's built-in analytics will tell you how your store is performing, and its marketing tools will help you add banners to your site to promote products. You can make gift certificates and coupon codes, send users notifications about their abandoned carts, and integrate with MailChimp, Constant Contact, and more to send marketing emails to customers. It can even add your store's products to Google Shopping and other comparison sites, and let you create Google AdWords and Yahoo Search ads right from your store's dashboard.
Perhaps the most impressive thing about BigCommerce is how much it integrates with other tools. It offers you a great app for managing products, orders, and your site's theme, then integrates with best-in-class tools for emails, payments, customer support, accounting, ads, marketplaces, and more. It's the online store builder that will fit perfectly into the ecosystem of apps you already rely on.
- Learn how to quickly get started building a store with BigCommerce University's free video courses
- Find the perfect BigCommerce theme for your store
- Add more tools to your store from the BigCommerce Apps Marketplace
- Code your own apps and themes for your store with the BigCommerce developer documentation
- Keep your customers coming back with drip emails integrated with your BigCommerce store
- Learn how to start your own business and online store with Zapier's The Ultimate Guide to eCommerce Software book.
Do More With BigCommerce
- Create a customized online store with over 100 themes or your hand-coded design
- Bulk-import and export products
- Import your store from Magento, Shopify, Amazon, eBay, and more
- Include detailed search and filtering to help customers find products
- Get live, customized shipping quotes from top carriers
- List your products on social networks, eBay, Etsy, Amazon, Facebook, Google Shopping, and more
- Sell products in-person with point-of-sales interface and Square integration
- 3rd party mobile apps available
- $29.95/month Standard plan for core features and up to $50k/year in sales
- $79.95/month Plus plan for customer groups, segmentation, abandoned cart saver, and up to $125k/year in sales
- From $199.95/month Pro plan for sitewide HTTPS, fraud monitoring, filtering, and up to $1m/year in sales
- Custom Enterprise pricing available for custom facets for filtering, unlimited API calls and sales, and premium support
Payment processing fees not included and depend on your payment processor; discounted Braintree and PayPal rates available with Plus and higher plans