BigCommerce Help & Support
What Bigcommerce Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Customer - Triggers when a new customer is added
- New Order - Triggers when a new order is placed (with line item support).This Zap can trigger on orders even when they are not Completed. If you only want to use this Zap for Completed orders, add a Filter step and set it to only let the Zap continue if: system_label | Text (exactly matches) | Completed.
- Create Customer - Creates a new customer.
- Create Customer Address - Adds a new address to an existing customer.
- Create Coupon (Category) - Creates a new coupon attached to a category.
How to Get Started with Bigcommerce
About the BigCommerce Integration#
- Paid/versioned account: Requires use of the BigCommerce Legacy API, not compatible with BigCommerce accounts created after July 2018.
- Custom field support: Not supported.
Setting up the BigCommerce Integration#
To get started with BigCommerce, first click to add a BigCommerce account to Zapier to be used in your Zap.
Next, you'll be asked for your BigCommerce account username, API and your API path.
To find your API key and path you’ll need to click "Users" at the top of your BigCommerce admin interface. From there, you'll then follow the link after "Looking for your API accounts?"
On the next screen you’ll see a page that will display your API path and API key. Copy and paste those into Zapier. Then enter a username (this will be specific to your BigCommerce API connect and doesn't have to be your normal login) into the field provided and click save.
Once you've entered that information and clicked continue, we'll test your account to make sure the connection works. If it does, you're all set!
Popular Things To Do With Bigcommerce
Common Problems with Bigcommerce
Custom Field Support#
We don't have support for custom fields with BigCommerce at this point in time.
New Order trigger is trigging on orders that didn't go through#
BigCommerce will send all orders, including orders that are marked as incomplete. BigCommerce considers orders where the user got to the payment page but didn't successfully check out as incomplete. You can read more about that here.
If you only want complete orders to trigger the zap, you can add a filter to your zap that looks like this:
I'm having troubles connecting my BigCommerce account#
As of July 2018, legacy API accounts have been deprecated. It is recommended to move to Store API Accounts. More information can be found here: https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/Legacy-API-Accounts
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message