Benchmark Email - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
First impressions matter, and the way your email looks is the first thing people will notice when they open your drips. Your email may look great on your screen, but you can't possibly check every app on every device. How can you be sure that your messages look great everywhere—and will be delivered to every email service?
Benchmark is an email marketing app that aims to make sure your emails look great everywhere. It all starts with its drag-and-drop email editor that’s focused on layouts, where you can pick from a variety of ways to layout your text and images so they’ll look great. Select the design you’d like, then drag in extra sections and pick the color scheme that works for your brand.
The color-driven layouts will look great everywhere, but just to be sure, Benchmark also includes an Inbox Checker tool. It lets you see how your emails will look in a number of different email apps and on mobile devices. It'll even make sure your emails won't get snagged by common spam filters.
One of Benchmark’s best features is its internationalization. It supports Traditional and simplified Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, and English, with the entire interface translated for each language. If you find yourself in a language that you can’t read, just hover over the flag button in the top toolbar, and select the language you can read to switch. And, if you need to send marketing emails to China, it’s ICP licensed so you can be sure your emails will go through.
Then, there’s the other features you’d expect to find in an email marketing app. If you regularly share pictures and videos in your emails, Benchmark helps you keep from duplicating your work by letting you store them in a gallery. Add them once, then reuse them forever. You can even crop and tweak images right inside Benchmark's email editor. Then, you can send out your RSS feed as email updates, and share your email newsletters in a dedicated webpage so new subscribers can come back and find them later. There's even a Benchmark community site to share your emails with others for inspiration and to help attract new subscribers.
Speaking of new subscribers, Benchmark Email will help you gain new subscribers more quickly with its customizable forms. Adding one is easy—select the type of form you want, and Benchmark will add the standard form fields you need automatically with options to customize them if you want. You can then onboard new people when they signup with Benchmark's email automation that can send new emails automatically based on the things your readers click on and the pages on your site they visit.
For an internationalized email app that’s easy to use and has phone and 24/7 live chat support, Benchmark is a great app to consider. It’ll make sure your emails get delivered, wherever they go. And you can get started on your own easily with its library of video tours that’ll walk you through all of its features, so you can make the best emails possible.
Originally published Jan 7, 2015; updated Feb 15, 2018 with Benchmark's latest features and pricing
Do More With Benchmark Email
Benchmark Email Features
- Send email newsletters with a drag-and-drop editor or automatically via RSS feeds
- Gather email subscribers with popover and embed forms
- Share email newsletters on social networks, Benchmark Email’s Community, and a custom archive site for your newsletter
- Edit photos inside email editor
- Send automated emails based on email and website interactions
- Preview how emails will look in popular desktop and mobile email apps with Inbox Checker
- Track email performance with detailed reports
Benchmark Email Pricing
- Free Starter plan for 2,000 subscribers and 14,000 emails/month
- $13.99/month Medium plan for unlimited emails to 600 subscribers
- $21.99/month Medium plan for unlimited emails to 1,000 subscribers
- $51.99/month Medium plan for unlimited emails to 5,000 subscribers
- $259/month Medium plan for unlimited emails to 50,000 subscribers
- $285.99/month Large plan for 770,000 email sends/month to 55,000 subscribers
Other plans available for almost any number of subscribers