OneNote Help & Support
What OneNote Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Note in Section - Triggers when a new note is created in a notebook/section.
- Create Note - Create a new note in the "Quick Notes" section of your default notebook.
- Create Note in Section - Creates a new note in a specific Notebook/Section
- Create Page/Note From Url Link - Given a URL, we'll download it and place it in your OneNote account!
- Append Note - Appends content to the end of a note.
- Create Image Note - Creates a note with an embedded image (must have a public URL to that image).
How to Get Started with OneNote on Zapier
The first thing you'll need to do to get started with hooking up OneNote to Zapier and the hundreds of services we work with is adding your OneNote account to Zapier. When the time is right, we'll ask you to add your account:
Next we will ask you to give your new account a name or label, which is just a handy name for you to recognize within Zapier. It doesn't matter what you name it.
Click "Continue" and a new window with OneNote will open, asking you to enter your username and password.
After clicking "Sign In," OneNote will give authentication to integrate with Zapier. The window will close and you'll return to the Zap editor where you'll be shown that the "Account is working." From here, you'll be allowed to continue setting up your Zap.
Popular Things To Do With OneNote
Common Problems with OneNote
To Do items aren't being added with checkboxes#
Here's how to add a To Do item (perhaps in an "Append Note" action) with checkboxes in OneNote.
Set the Content Type to "Html" and wrap the name of the To Do item in a
<p> tag with a
data-tag="to-do" attribute, like this:
<p data-tag="to-do">item name</p>:
There are Sections in my Notebook but the New Note in Section Trigger does not show them.#
This can happen if you are using Section Groups. We can only see Sections that have not been placed in a Section Group.
As you can see below, the 3 Sections I've put into a Section Group don't appear in Zapier.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message