Facebook Pages Help & Support
What Facebook Pages Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Post to Your Timeline - Triggers when anyone (including you) posts to your Page's Timeline.
- New Post by You - Triggers when you post to your Page's Timeline.
- New Recommendation - Triggers when your Facebook Page receives a new recommendation.
- Change Page Profile Photo - Changes the profile picture of a Facebook Page.
- Create Page Photo - Uploads a photo to your Facebook Page and posts it to the stream.
- Create Page Video - Uploads a video to your Facebook Page and posts it to the stream.
- Create Page Post - Create a new page "stream" post on a page.
How to Get Started with Facebook Pages
To get started with Facebook Pages on Zapier, first you will need to click to connect your Facebook Pages account to use with your Zap.
Next, you'll be asked to login to your Facebook account (This step would be bypassed if you're already logged in)
If your login details were entered correctly, your Facebook Pages account will now be successfully connected.
Lastly, jump into Facebook Pages here on the Business Settings and from there grant Zapier explicit access to the Pages you wish for us to use in Zap. To do this, follow these steps. Click "View and Edit"
Then scroll to Manage Pages and select the Facebook Pages that you wish to use in Zapier followed by the "Save" button. Once you've done that, you will then be able to view all the Facebook Pages in your Zap Editor.
Popular Things to do with Facebook Pages
Common Problems with Facebook Pages
I can't see any pages in the dropdown selector!#
If your pages are empty, that is a Zapier + Facebook permissions issue! To fix:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications and search for or scroll down to Zapier.
- Click the "edit" button and look, does Zapier have permissions to see pages? It should look like:
- If pages permissions are missing, just click the "remove app" link:
- Go to https://zapier.com/app/settings/authorizations and add/reconnect Facebook Pages again and click allow/yes for all permission screens.
Start using your new connection with all the pages included!
Can I use Facebook Groups with Zapier?#
Yes, we have a separate app for Facebook Groups at https://zapier.com/apps/facebook-groups/integrations.
Why Can't I Post from My Personal Facebook account?#
Since August 2018, it is not possible for apps like Zapier to create posts on Facebook personal timelines.
Error: An active access token must be used to query information about the current user#
While a rather technical and jargon-filled message, usually all this means is that a page wasn't selected from the field dropdown. Skim back over your form to be sure you have selected a page.
Why are my Facebook Pages posts not showing up properly?#
The Facebook page post will output differently depending on the Action you use and the combination of fields you setup in the Action template. Here's a handy guide showing the output of your Zap depending on how it was set up:
Create Page Photo Action#
When you use the Facebook Page "Create Page Photo" Action, the resulting post will include a photo and a description of your choice.
Create Page Post Action with link url#
When you use the Facebook Page "Create Page Post" Action and include a link url, the resulting post will include a message of your choice. The photo will automatically be pulled by Facebook. The photo will be a clickable link that you've set in the Link URL.
The image pulled would depend on the following factors:
- Facebook will first look at the link for Facebook’s OG (Open Graph) tags
- If #1 fails, it will scrape the page for another better link. Facebook will favor bigger images with a rectangle ratio.
Images that Facebook prefers:
- For high-res displays, use images that are at least: 1200 x 630
- The minimum recommended image size is 600 x 315
- Images smaller than 600 x 315 will be displayed, but thumbnail will be smaller
- The absolute minimum image size is 200 x 200
- Images under 200 x 200 will not be displayed and are logged as errors in the debugger.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message