WooCommerce Help & Support
What WooCommerce Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Line Item in Order - Triggers for each line item in an order. Use this if you need the line item details from an order.
- Subscription Created - (With Line Item Support) Triggers when a WooCommerce subscription is created.
- New Order Status Change - (With Line Item Support) For advanced usage. Triggers every time a WooCommerce order changes status. See the Managing Orders documentation on WooCommerce for more information.
- Subscription Renewal Failed - (With Line Item Support) Triggers when a WooCommerce subscription renewal payment fails.
- New Order - (With Line Item Support) Triggers when a WooCommerce order is paid for.
- New Customer - Triggers if a customer chooses to register for an account. This can happen during the checkout process, or via the My Account page.
- Subscription Renewal - (With Line Item Support) Triggers when a WooCommerce subscription renewal payment completes successfully.'.
- Subscription Status Changed - (With Line Item Support) For advanced usage. Triggers every time a WooCommerce subscription changes status.
- None yet!
How to Get Started with WooCommerce
About WooCommerce's Integration#
- Admin/owner permissions: Admin access to WordPress site
- Paid/versioned account: Paid WooCommmerce Zapier Plugin
- Custom field support: N/A
- Partner’s documentation: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-zapier/
Connecting with WooCommerce#
Setting up the WooCommerce plugin#
First you would need to have a working installation of WooCommerce in your self-hosted Wordpress site. More info on that can be found here
Once you have a working WooCommerce installation, you will need to install the WooCommerce Zapier plugin. You can download that by logging to your WooCommerce account and clicking on the Downloads Tab
To install this plugin, go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
Once the WooCommerce Zapier plugin is installed, go back to your WooCommerce account and copy your Key under the My Subscriptions tab
Go back to your WordPress Admin, navigate to the WooCommerce Helper page. Paste the key on the text box
You can now start creating a New Zapier feed under your WooCommerce install.
If you need more information, WooCommerce has written some great documentation about how to get started. You can find this documentation and more here.
Setting up the WooCommerce Zap#
When creating a WooCommerce Zap, you will be asked to copy a webhook provided by the Zap and paste it into a WooCommerce Zapier feed. To do this:
- Click the "Copy to clipboard" button to copy the url
- Go to your Wordpress site. Navigate to the WooCommerce > Zapier Feeds
- Click Add New
- Choose your trigger
- Paste the copied url from the Zap into the Webhook URL portion of the Zapier Feed Details:
- Add a Tilte for your Zapier feed:
- Click Publish. You will then get a message saying that the Zapier Feed is active and ready to receive real data:
Once you've completed creating the WooCommerce Zapier feed, you can continue creating the Zap by setting up the Action template.
"New Line Item in Order" Trigger
In addition to the "New Order" trigger with line support, the WooCommerce app offers a special way to trigger on individual line items inside orders. It works like this:
When someone places an order, eg. an order with 3 items, your Zap will be triggered 3 times. Each trigger will contain details for a single item in the order.
There is no inherent grouping of the line items between orders so you won't be able to do things like "Create an invoice inside of Freshbooks" but you could do something like "Insert line items into a spreadsheet" and do the accounting there.
Inside WooCommerce, you'll want to use the "New Order" choice and inside Zapier the "New Line Item in Order" trigger.
Popular Things To Do With WooCommerce
Common Problems with WooCommerce
How do I use line items with WooCommerce?#
To use line items in Zapier, you'll usually want to ensure that both the trigger and the action you're using have line item support on Zapier.
In Zapier's WooCommerce integration, the “New Order,” and “New Order Status Change” triggers offer line item support. If you'd like your Zap to iterate over each individual item in a product, you'll want to use the “New Line Item in Order” trigger.
If you want to learn more about how line items work, read our Guide to Line Items here.
Zapier isn't getting notified of new orders or customers#
If your site is in "Maintenance Mode" be sure to turn this off. This may block the connection between WooCommerce and Zapier.
Getting Invalid Webhook URL error when plugging the webhook into WooCommerce#
If you're seeing this error when pasting the webhook into WooCommerce, this means that you aren't on the latest version of the WooCommerce Zapier plugin. You have two options for how to move forward:
- Upgrade to the latest version of the WooCommerce Zapier plugin.
- Use a different format for your webhook. So instead of https://hooks.zapier.com/hooks/catch/12345/abcde/ you can use https://zapier.com/hooks/catch/12345/abcde/. This should allow you to pass the validation check on the WooCommerce side and should still work.
Duplicate orders are sent to Zapier using the new order / new line item trigger#
A bug was introduced to the WooCommerce plugin around August 2016. Upgrade to the latest WooCommerce Zapier plugin v1.6.3 to fix this.
Orders are not being sent to Zapier#
Make sure that both WooCommerce and the Zapier WooCommerce plugin are up to date. If you've got the right version, the cause is usually an issue of the WordPress site's built in cron facility not working reliably. The best course of action would be to go to https://woocommerce.com/my-account/create-a-ticket/ and submit a ticket so that WooCommerce can help directly.
I have a different problem/error#
WooCommerce provides detailed documentation. Take a look at some common problems here:
- No data is being sent to Zapier
- Orders are being sent to Zapier multiple times!
- Order Discounts aren’t being sent to Zapier!
- Error Message: Your WordPress cron may not be working correctly
- Error Message: Invalid Webhook URL
- Error Message: You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page
- Error Message: Error sending sample data to http://webhookurl/
- Error Message: There was an error communicating with your Zapier Webhook
I'm still having problems!#
If you're having troubles on your WooCommerce installation, please submit a ticket to the WooCommerce team
If you're having troubles with the WooCommerce Zap, please send us a support ticket using this form
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message