Outgrow - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
You want people to signup for your mailing list, try out a demo of your product, and register for your upcoming webinar or meetup. A form is a natural way to accomplish that goal. It has a field for people to enter their name and contact info, and a submit button to send that data along to you. What more could you want?
The problem is, people aren't so keen to fill out yet another form. They don't want to take the time—and may not even want to get your emails even if they do want the product or service you're offering.
Outgrow changes that with interactive quizzes and calculators that do the same job for you as a form, but do much more for your readers. Instead of just asking them to fill out a form, they can be an interactive way to figure out how much a website design or insurance plan would cost, or which brand of car or phone they should buy. They'll then be prompted to share the results—to give you that elusive viral form you want—and also send their info to you for more details—something they're much more keen on now that your calculator has already answered part of their question.
It starts out nothing like your average form editor. Instead, it's a bit more like making a PowerPoint presentation. You'll start with a template, choosing between a calculator or a quiz style. With calculators, your users will see a calculator value right alongside their answers. Say you have a calculator to decide how much creating a video would cost. You'd have users enter the number of actors, the publishing medium, video length, and other details—and then using a spreadsheet-style formula you've entered in Outgrow, the calculator sidebar would show the estimated price for that campaign.
Quizzes work a bit more like a standard form mixed with a Buzzfeed-style quiz. You'll ask your user some questions (perhaps how many seats they need in a vehicle and their budget), then on the final page your quiz will show the user which item they should buy (perhaps recommending a Toyota Corolla to a family). You'll add your own logic to Outgrow to guide the results, telling it, say, which car to recommend for 5 seats under $25k.
Forms are, much like a presentation, designed around graphics. You'll include a background photo and logo in your forms, and use images to showcase the best option you recommend to users at the end of quizzes. That'll help drive more users to your forms, too, since Quizzes end with a request to share the results on social networks—something people are much more likely to do now that the form has given them the answers they needed.
Outgrow isn't designed for your standard forms, and isn't likely the tool you'd use to get people to signup to your blog emails. But it is a great way to get qualified leads—perhaps to send targeted emails about specific car models or video styles to people who filled out those quizzes. It's a great way to add more advanced marketing to your site, in a way that provides value to you and your users.
Do More With Outgrow
Zapier allows you to instantly connect Outgrow with 1,000+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
- Create Interactive forms with Quizzes, Calculators, eCommerce Recommendations, Assessments, Polls, and Chatbots.
- Segment all the data from interactive content and target users with highly personalized follow-up emails based on their responses.
- Design all this interactive content in an easy-to-use PowerPoint-like editor.
- Publish interactive content on a custom domain or embed in your site.
- Gather leads via interactive content, and drive awareness by letting users share their form results.
- $45/month Freelancer plan for 300 leads, 6k visits, 1 calculator or quiz, and 1 collaborator
- $115/month Essentials plan for 1050 leads, 21k visits, unlimited calculators or quizzes, 3 collaborators, and premium templates
- $720/month Business plan for 15k leads, 300k visits, unlimited calculators or quizzes, 10 calculators, and priority support
Annual plans available for $25/95/600 per month, respectively