Amazon SQS Help & Support
What Amazon SQS Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Queue - Triggers when you add a new queue.
- New Message - Triggers when you add a new message.
- New JSON Message - Loads JSON from a message and passes that to the general trigger data.
- Create Queue - Create a new queue.
- Create Message - Create a new message.
- Create JSON Message - Create a new JSON message using data from the source trigger
How to Get Started With Amazon SQS
There are two things you'll need to do to make SQS work with Zapier:
- Add a new queue in SQS (if you already use SQS you probably already have one you want to use, if not, directions are below as well).
- Add a new Zapier user via IAM with only permission to use SQS and give those AWS Security Credentials to Zapier.
Add a New SQS Queue#
Navigate to SQS by clicking the icon from your AWS dashboard. Then click the "Create New Queue" button near the top left corner.
A dialog will pop up. Fill it out to your liking and hit the create button.
Create Security Credentials by Adding a New Zapier User to IAM#
To add an SQS account to Zapier, you should follow these instructions. They will walk you through setting up a user in IAM and adding that account to Zapier. Remember that you want to select SQS instead of SES where applicable.
Popular Things to Do With Amazon SQS
Common Problems with Amazon SQS
We don't have any common problems documented yet, but feel free to contact us so we can help you personally!
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message