YouTube Help & Support
What Youtube Triggers and Actions are supported?
- New Video In Channel - Trigger when a new video is published to a specific YouTube channel.
- New Video - Trigger when a new video is uploaded by a specific YouTube username.
- New Video by Search - Trigger when a new video is uploaded that matches a specific search string.
- New Video in Playlist - Trigger when a new video is added to a specific playlist. Note does not work for your "watch later" playlist.
- Upload Video - Post a video to your channel
How to Get Started with Youtube on Zapier
About YouTube's Integration#
- Admin/owner permissions: Requires Manage your YouTube account and Manage your YouTube account permissions
- Paid/versioned account: N/A
- Custom field support: N/A
- Partner’s documentation: N/A
Connecting with YouTube#
When you start creating a YouTube Zap, you will be asked to connect your YouTube account.
You’ll now be asked to log into your YouTube account (unless you are already logged in).
You'll then be asked to grant Zapier permission to access your YouTube Account.
If all steps were successful your YouTube account will now be successfully connected.
Popular Things to do with Youtube on Zapier
Common Problems with YouTube
My videos aren't being found by the New Video in Channel trigger#
YouTube provides a "Human Readable" web address for a channel, such as: https://www.youtube.com/c/ZapierVideos.
In order to find the Channel ID to put into the field here:
Click the "Videos" link/tab/section in YouTube, and then look at the web address in their browser. You should see something like this in the URL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa4RU443sQ17CW6xg_uWJfQ/videos. Copy and paste the characters between "channel/" and "/videos" (in this example, UCa4RU443sQ17CW6xg_uWJfQ) into the Channel field in Zapier.
My Zap can't find a video even though I know it exists#
Videos that are
unlisted cannot be used, we can only pick up videos that are set to
public and can be watched by anybody!
Unfortunately, videos that are larger than 2G will run into upload time limits. We suggest compressing your video in order for it to be uploaded properly.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message