Freshdesk Help & Support
What Freshdesk Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Contact - Triggers when a new customer is created.
- New Ticket Note - Triggers when a Note is added to a Ticket.
- New Ticket - Triggers when there is a new ticket is created in Freshdesk.
- Update Ticket - Triggers when a Ticket is updated.
- Update Contact - Triggers when a user is updated.
- Add Notes to a Ticket - Add Private or Public notes to a Freshdesk Support Ticket.
- Create Forum Topic - Create a new Forum Topic on Freshdesk Forums.
- Create Forum Category - Creates a Forum Category.
- Create Company - Allows you to create a Company entry in Freshdesk.
- Create Ticket - Create a ticket in Freshdesk for your domain.
- Create Contact - Allows you to create a User/Customer in Freshdesk for your support domain.
- Create Forum - Creates a Forum under a Category.
How to Get Started with Freshdesk
About Freshdesk's Integration#
- Admin/owner permissions: Admin permissions required to create items
- Paid/versioned account: Paid Freshdesk plan required
- Authentication method: API Key
- Custom field support: No
- Partner’s documentation: https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/192518-using-zapier-to-integrate-freshdesk-with-other-apps
To get started with Freshdesk, you will be asked to Connect a New Account:
When you do so, a new window will open asking you for your Subdomain and your API Key:
You can find the API key under, "User Profile" drop-down (top right corner of your Freshdesk dashboard) > Profile Settings > Your API Key.
Once you have entered that information, click on 'Yes, Continue' and then you will see your newly connected account:
Popular Things To Do With Freshdesk
Common Problems with Freshdesk
(422) Unprocessable Entity Error#
Usually, this occurs when trying to create a contact in Freshdesk that already exists there. Sending along brand new contact information should ensure this error doesn't happen moving forward.
My zap is only triggering once an hour#
If this is happening, it's likely that you've hit Freshdesk's API limit of 1000 API calls: https://freshdesk.com/api#ratelimit and that limit resets once an hour. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that can be done to get around this limit.
My updated ticket zap isn't triggering#
The Updated Ticket trigger will only trigger if you update the status, priority, or type of ticket. Adding tags and such does not trigger the zap. Updating closed tickets also does not trigger the zap.
FreshDesk requires the account that you connect to Zapier to be of an "Admin" level status. Non-admins cannot use FreshDesk's API fully, and doing so will return different kinds of errors if your account is not an Admin.
User role can be determined by going to http://customerdomain.freshdesk.com/agents, then clicking on agent name, then on subsequent screen, the Edit Agent Button.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message