Formsite - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Form builder apps are often either basic and easy to use, or powerful and complicated. Not Formsite. As a professional form builder, it's designed with the tools and security your business needs to gather data and use it in your workflows. And when you need a simple way to gather leads for your next promotion, it'll only take a minute to spin up a new Formsite form.
In fact, it won't even take a Formsite account. When you first visit Formsite's site, just click the 1-Click Trial button to start building your first form for free. You could make your own custom form, dragging-and-dropping the elements your form needs—or, you could speed things up by choosing from one of Formsite's dozens of built-in form templates. Add a name, then click Create a New Form. That's all you need to do to make a new form. You can share the form, customize its design and email notifications, and view its results in your browser all without signing up for a Formsite account.
To get the most out of Formsite, though, you'll want to sign up for an account. A free one will let you make 5 forms and receive 10 responses per form, and you can export your results at any time to reset your response limit—enough to test out your form ideas before committing to a paid account. And you'll find lots of features to test out. Just in building your form, you'll find the standard text, bullet point, number, and other standard form fields, along with options for formatted text, secure order form fields, and even a block directly to send data to a Salesforce object. You can accept payments directly with PayPal and Stripe integrations, or could pull in credit card detail with encrypted form fields, and process payments with your own credit card processor. You can add fields beside each other for multi-column forms, break your form into multiple pages, and select multiple form elements to move or delete them together.
Formsite's form style tools might not be the most robust, as they only let you choose from color themes and button/typography styles by default. Tap Customize, however, and you can change the colors for everything in your form—or tap Advanced to add custom CSS and make your form look however you want. The Rules tab, too, gives you more ways to customize the form, only showing fields on specific criteria or jumping respondents to a different page based on their responses.
Speaking of responses, you'll find more options in your form settings. There, you can tweak the form's security settings, add a start or end date, restrict the number of responses, and tweak each notification email users could receive. You can tweak the message shown at the end of the form—or send users to a different website if you'd like. And, with Formsite integrations, you can save your form responses to any of your favorite apps. Formsite also lets you view responses in a grid or turn them into auto-generated reports and PDF downloads as a quick way to put your form data to work.
It's a wide variety of advanced form features, in a form editor that works the way you'd expect. If you want a more customized form with payment tools and response routing that fit your business needs, but still want a tool that anyone in your team feels comfortable using, Formsite is a great option.
Learn more in Formsite's documentation.
Originally published December 14, 2016; updated with new links on June 8, 2018
Do More With Formsite
Zapier allows you to instantly connect Formsite with 1,500+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
- Create a customized form from a template, even without an account
- Build detailed forms with multiple pages, calculated values, logic, encrypted fields, and 40+ field types
- Let respondents save progress and edit their form entries
- Customize form design with color-based themes or CSS
- Accept payments in forms via PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, or check
- Filter results, create automated reports, or turn results into a PDF
- Free for 5 forms, 10 results per form, and 50MB file storage
- $14.95/month Deluxe plan for 5 forms, 500 results/month per form, and 500MB file storage
- $24.95/month Pro 1 plan for 10 forms, 1k results/month per form, 1GB file storage, and custom branding
- $49.95/month Pro 2 plan for 25 forms, 2.5k results/month per form, 2GB file storage, 5 sub-users, and unlimited PDFs and workflows
- $99.95/month Pro 3 plan for 100 forms, 10k results/month per form, 4GB file storage, 20 sub-users, and 2FA security
- Enterprise pricing available from $249.95+/month for custom plans, white labeling, HIPPA compliance, and other features
Annual plans available with around a 20% discount.