Basecamp Classic Help & Support
Basecamp 3 vs. Basecamp 2 vs. Basecamp Classic
Zapier supports three different versions of Basecamp: Basecamp 3, Basecamp 2, and Basecamp Classic. Make sure you're trying to use the right version on Zapier. Use the screenshots below to help:
On Zapier, here are what the icons look like. Make sure when you are creating Zaps that you're using the right version.
What Basecamp Classic Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Person - Triggers when a new person is added to an account.
- New Project - Triggers when a new project is added to an account.
- New Todo List - Triggers when a new todo list is added to a project.
- New Milestone - Triggers when a new milestone is added to a project
- New Message - Triggers when a new message is added to a project.
- New Todo Item - Triggers when a new todo item is added to a todo list.
- Create Project - Be Careful! Easy to go over your plan limit.
- Create Message - Creates a new message.
- Create Todo Item - Creates a new todo item.
- Create Todo list - Creates a new todo list.
- Create Milestone - Creates a new milestone.
How to Get Started with Basecamp Classic
After you've chosen the Trigger or Action you'd like for Basecamp Classic, next up is authentication. Here is a quick guide on how to connect your Basecamp Classic Account to Zapier.
First, click to connect a new Basecamp Classic Account.
You'll get a popup asking you for two pieces of information:
Account: The subdomain in the your browser's URL bar, when you are logged in to Basecamp Classic.
API Token: This is a secret token that allows Zapier to access your data. Follow the guided screenshots below or the directions on screen to find your API Token.
First, inside a new window or a new tab, log in to Basecamp Classic. Note the part in front of "basecamphq.com"
Click on "My Info" in the upper-right corner.
Now on the bottom, find the "Authenication tokens" block.
Click "Show your tokens". Copy your "Basecamp API" token to the clipboard.
Finally, come back to Zapier and type/paste in the correct values:
Be careful that you did not include any extra spaces when copying your API Token. When finished, click continue, and if everything goes according to plan, your Basecamp Classic Account is now connected to Zapier!
Common Problems with Basecamp Classic
Support for Files#
This is often requested, but it is not something we can support given the Basecamp Classic API. You'll need to be using the newer Basecamp to work with files using Zapier.
Zapier Says I Have No Projects#
This likely means you are using our Basecamp Classic app when you should instead be using the newer Basecamp app.
Popular Things To Do With Basecamp Classic
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message