BambooHR Help & Support
What BambooHR Triggers and Actions are Supported
- Changed Report - Triggers when a company report changes. Works best with reports sorted by a date field in descending order.
- New Employee - Triggers when a new employee is created.
- New Time Off Request - Triggers when a new time off request is created by an employee whose requests you're able to approve.
- New Time Off - Triggers when a new time off is found for the selected conditions. Limited to those employees and time off types that you have view access to.
- Find Employee - Finds an employee by searching.
- Create Employee - Creates a new employee.
- Upload Employee File - Uploads an Employee File.
- Get Summary of Who's Out - Get a summary of who's out of the office on a given date.
- Respond to Time Off Request - Approve, deny, or cancel a time off request.
- Update Employee - Updates an existing employee.
How to Get Started with BambooHR on Zapier
When you start creating a BambooHR Zap, you will be asked to connect your BambooHR account.
Next, you'll be asked to enter your BambooHR API key.
To locate your API Key in your BambooHR account, please follow these steps:
- Log into your BambooHR account.
- Click your name in the top right.
- Click on "API Keys."
- Create an API Key and copy to your clipboard.
- Paste that API Key in the placeholder.
- Type in the subdomain text that is before .bamboohr.com in your browser's address bar in the placeholder.
Paste your key back into your Zapier account and then “Continue”.
If all steps were successful your BambooHR account will now be successfully connected.
Popular Things to do with BambooHR
Common Problems with BambooHR on Zapier
Does the BambooHR account need any special account permissions?#
Some actions require a certain level of permissions to use them. For example, the "Respond to Time Off Request" action can only be used by users who are able to approve time off requests. Here are some helpful articles from BambooHR that describe how to configure permissions:
Creating Custom Access Levels: https://help.bamboohr.com/hc/en-us/articles/222006947
Managing Access Levels: https://help.bamboohr.com/hc/en-us/articles/216834217
Creating non-employee users: https://help.bamboohr.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009157147-Hints-Tips-Create-Non-Employee-Users
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message