California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) provides you with additional rights regarding our use of your information. The rights outlined in this section do not apply to information exempted under the CCPA, including aggregated data, applicant information, or business to business communications about products or services. We do not resell personally identifiable information to any third-party. Therefore, we do not provide an opt-out mechanism on the Site.
With respect to the information that our customers collect or process using our Services, we collect and process personal information as a “service provider,” as defined in the CCPA. When we collect information for our own purposes, like when you visit our Site, when you interact with our marketing, or if you become our customer, we are not acting as a service provider. We make this distinction because our legal obligations with respect to your information are different when we act as a service provider.
To the extent provided under the CCPA, and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following rights with respect to the information that we collect:
- The right to request the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) personal information,
- To request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months,
- The right to opt-out of sales of personal information (if applicable),
- To request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you, and
- To exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information
For purposes of CCPA, we collect the following categories of personal information (while CCPA does not apply to applicant information, we encourage applicants to review the Applicant Privacy Statement for the categories of information applicable to applicants):
In the previous 12 months, we collected:
- Identifiers such as name, address, unique identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or similar identifiers,
- Select Information in Customer Records such as name, signature, address, or telephone number,
- Commercial information such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies,
- Internet or Network Activity,
- Inferences from information that could be used to create a profile such as preferences, characteristics, and
- Audio, electronic, and visual information.
We have not collected the following categories of information in the previous 12 months: Biometric information such as hair color, eye color, fingerprints, retinal scans, or thermal, olfactory, or similar information,
Our customers may use the Services to collect or process any of the above types of information. We do not monitor our customer’s use of the Services and cannot guarantee that our customers do not use the Services to process any sensitive information.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
California residents may exercise CCPA rights by logging into their account within the Services or by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Zapier section below. Your rights may only be exercised by you or by your designated agent. You may submit a CCPA request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request must include enough information to allow us to:
- reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include: (1) verifying your account information if you have an account within the Service, or (2) requesting two forms of identification that are reliable for verification purposes unless the request includes sensitive information and, in which case, we may require three forms of verification and a signed declaration; and
- properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. If we cannot verify your identity or authority, we will not fulfill your request. We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, how we collect and use your information, your choices or rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
548 Market St. #62411, San Francisco, CA 94104-5401; Attn: Legal.