Nutshell Help & Support
What Nutshell CRM Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Activity - Triggers when new Activity is created.
- New Lead - Triggers when a new Lead is created.
- Lead Won - Triggers when a lead is won.
- New Person - Triggers when new Person is created.
- New Company - Triggers when new Company is created.
- Create Company - Creates a new Company.
- Create Person - Creates a new Person.
- Update Lead - Updates an existing Lead.
- Create Lead - Creates a new Lead.
- Find Person - Finds an existing person.
- Find Account - Finds an existing Account.
- Find Lead - Finds an existing lead.
How to Get Started with Nutshell CRM
The first thing you'll need to do to get started with hooking up Nutshell CRM with Zapier and hundreds of other services is to add your Nutshell CRM Account to Zapier. Click to add a Nutshell CRM account in your Zap.
Next you will give your new Account a name or label, which is just a handy name for you to recognize within Zapier. It doesn't matter what you name it.
You should then log into your Nutshell CRM account at nutshell.com and retrieve your API key.
Next you will navigate to your API key. It is found in under Setup->API key.
Note: You must select "API + user impersonation" in order for this to work properly.
After retrieving your API key, enter it into the "API Key" field under your Account title field.
Confirming your Nutshell CRM API key finishes the process! Your Nutshell CRM account is now connected to Zapier.
Popular Things To Do With Nutshell CRM
Common Problems with Nutshell CRM
My contact is missing fields#
If you're using the scanner tool in Nutshell, there's a delay between the contact being created from the card and all of the data elements being transcribed. So, if the zap picks it up before certain fields are filled out, they can be sent as "blanks" to the action app. We can slow down the zap for you so it runs less frequently but has a better chance of being fully transcribed. Just email us at email@example.com.
500 Error when testing triggers#
This is due to the way you've provisioned your API Keys on the Nutshell side. When creating your API Key, you'll need to select the "API Access + User Impersonation" option in order to test triggers in Zapier properly:
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message