Drip - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Think back to the your best shopping experiences, when you walked in an ice cream parlor and were immediately offered seemingly unlimited samples, or when you ask for help and the staff answers your every question. It's times like that when you decide you're an instant fan, that this business is one you'll come back to again.
The internet doesn't give you as many chances to spoil your customers. People open your website, look around, and click away. Your site design or products or pricing might catch their eye—but how do you make them want to come back?
Drip emails—automated, customized messages to your leads, or people interested in your products—are one of closest things to a personal welcome for online businesses. And Drip, an email app that's a new part of the Leadpages family of apps, is a great way to send them. It helps you gather leads, then put them into an automated email workflow that is customized to their interactions.
You'll start by making a form to embed in your site—or connecting another app like Facebook Lead Ads, Leadpages, or your eCommerce platform to Drip. That'll help you get contact info when people are interested in your product or have just made a purchase.
Then, you'll put together a campaign with email templates to send to those people on a schedule. Drip includes email blueprints with entire sets of emails to reach out to new people, share tips through a week-long onboarding, thank people for their order, and more. Or, write your own email with the formatting you want, using shortcodes to personalize messages with the date, your contact's name, the product they purchased, and more.
Drip can send those messages in the order you want, waiting hours or days after sending one message before sending the next. That's great for standard outreach messages or tutorials on using your product. For more customized outreach—a bit of that personal touch—Drip's automation workflows give you more options. There you can have Drip tag people when they open your email, send them a specific email if they don't open an email, stop the emails if they're added to a new list, and much more. You can even stop sending emails if they're not being opened for a great way to keep from bugging people and getting your emails marked as spam.
Drip can also help you see what's working. You can monitor how many people filled out your form, opened emails, and more—and can A/B test your emails to see which copy performs better. Emailing customers around the world? Drip has localization features too so you can email people in the language they understand best. And, when you have a special announcement for everyone, Drip's broadcasts let you send out email newsletters, manually or automatically from RSS, so you can handle all of your marketing emails from one app.
With a free account to handle your first 100 leads, it's a great way to get started with drip email marketing.
Originally published November 13, 2014; updated September 25, 2018 with new screenshots, pricing, and features.
Do More With Drip
- Gather new contacts and leads with forms, widgets, popovers, and app integrations
- Build automated drip email workflows to send to new contacts on a schedule, with pre-made email templates and workflows to get started
- Design emails with Visual Builder or the plain text and HTML Classic builder, then customize the theme with Liquid markup language
- Use Lead Scoring to see who's most engaged with your emails
- Generate leads with opt-in forms, pop-ups, widgets, and more
- Automatically remove leads who are not engaged from emails
- Create reports and dashboards to see conversions, opens, clicks, and more
- Free for sending unlimited emails to 100 subscribers with Drip branding
- $49/month Basic plan to send unlimited emails to 2,500 subscribers
- $99/month Pro plan to send unlimited emails to 5k subscribers
- From $149/month Enterprise plan based on subscriber volume
2 months free with an annual plan on Basic and Pro