Device Magic - Features, Pricing, Alternatives, and More
Your most important forms may not be the ones you share with the public—the surveys and contact forms that are what comes to mind first when one thinks of a form builder. Instead, the forms you need to rely on the most may be those that your employees use to audit your stores, list inventory, place work orders, and more. Those forms would do little good in a website designed to be viewed on a desktop computer—they're the forms that need filled when you're out and about, on the job, and in the middle of your other important tasks.
For those forms, you'll need to create the forms back in the office, but the forms themselves will need to be filled out in a way that can work anywhere. Mobile apps are best for that. And that's why Device Magic is a form creator centered around the iOS and Android devices your team members are already using. You'll make forms from its website, deploy them to mobile devices to be filled out on the job, and then let Device Magic automatically route the data to the other apps you rely on.
Device Magic forms can include all types of special form fields that would only work on a mobile device. You can add a picture field, for example, that lets people upload an existing picture, or you can force it to require a new picture to guarantee it was taken right then. There's also a barcode scanner field, location selector that can auto-fill via GPS, a signature line to sign forms with your finger, and a sketch field that lets people draw a diagram or sketch to outline what they're trying to explain. That's along with the standard form fields you'd expect, like text boxes, yes/no buttons, and more.
Once your form's made, it's time to deploy it to your team's devices. You'll use Device Magic's user roles to manage permissions, to make sure the right people have the correct forms. Then, you can setup custom notifications when forms are filled out, so the data goes to the correct teams immediately. And, if you need to make a new, custom form for a project, you can push it out to your team, pre-fill it with the most important data that you already have, and notify them to pick it up from there. Or, if your team needs to work offline, no problem: Device Magic's apps will let them add data offline, then will sync it back with your team when they're back online.
Then, it's time to put your data to work. Device Magic's forms let you setup integrations that can automatically turn your form entries into Word or PDF documents, or append the results to a spreadsheet. You can setup custom notifications when forms get filled out, use Zapier and other integrations to send form data to the other apps you use, or use its API to build your own apps around your Device Magic forms.
Building forms for your team—especially when you're just getting started—can be difficult and time consuming, so Device Magic offers to help there, too. They offer a service to build a form for you based on your needs. Or, if you already have a paper form you've been relying on, you can send in a copy of that form and the Device Magic team can turn it into a digital form for your team. They can even make report templates for your team, if you need.
If you need to make forms for your team to use in their work, Device Magic is a great option to quickly gather data on the field and send it to the correct teams or automatically route it to the apps where it's needed most.
Device Magic Resources:
- Learn how to gather data remotely for your business with Device Magic's Customer Success Stories.
- Get help with your forms with Device Magic's Help Center.
- Check out Device Magic's integrations to connect your forms to other apps.
- Need to convert paper forms? Device Magic's team can convert your existing forms to digital apps for you.
- Learn how to get the most out of your form with Zapier's guide to automating your form and putting its data to work for you.
Originally published 5 March 2015; updated 6 October 2016, 10 Feb 2017, 8 August 2018 with new pricing, screenshots, and feature listings
Do More With Device Magic
Zapier allows you to instantly connect Device Magic with 1,400+ apps to automate your work and find productivity super powers.
Device Magic Features
- Create forms online and then fill them out on mobile devices
- Fill out forms offline
- Upload photos, create diagrams, and add signatures from forms
- Collaborate on forms with permissions and dispatch
- Export forms to Word, Excel, or PDF
- iOS, Android and Blackberry apps included
Device Magic Pricing
- Free for basic features on one device
- $30/month per device Standard plan for unlimited forms and submissions, plus dozens of destinations to deliver your data
- $40/month per device Advanced plan for all Standard plan features, plus custom in-app branding, Zapier and HTTP(s) integrations, and the ability to deliver data via XML/JSON
- Contact for pricing of Enterprise plan for all Advanced plan features, plus Dispatch UI and Destination, SQL integration, Analytics & Reporting, and full API access.
Plans cost $25 or $34 respectively, when paid annually.