amoCRM Help & Support
What amoCRM Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Company - Triggers when a new company is created.
- New Task - Triggers when a new task is created.
- Company Updated - Triggers when company is updated.
- Contact Updated - Triggers when contact is updated.
- New Contact - Triggers when a new contact is created.
- Lead Status Changed - Triggers when lead status is changed.
- Lead Updated - Triggers when lead is updated.
- Task Deleted - Triggers when a task is deleted.
- New Lead - Triggers when a new lead is created.
- Lead Responsible User Changed - Triggers when lead responsible user is changed.
- Task Updated - Triggers when task is updated.
- Create Lead - Creates a new lead.
- Update Lead - Updates a lead.
- Update Task - Updates a task.
- Create Task - Creates a new task.
- Create Lead With Contact - Creates a new lead with contact.
- Update Company - Updates a company.
- Create Company - Creates a new company.
- Update Note - Updates a note.
- Create Link - Create a link between related amoCRM profiles.
- Update Contact - Updates a contact.
- Create Note - Creates a new note.
- Create Contact - Creates a new contact.
How to Get Started with amoCRM on Zapier
The first thing you'll need to do is connect your amoCRM Account to Zapier. Once you sign up and start creating your first Zap with amoCRM, you will be asked to сonnect the account:
You need to fill out 4 fields: email, API key, your subdomain and your top level domain.
To find it, go to your amoCRM account profile.
In your profile you can find all required information:
Aftering entering that, test if Zapier and amoCRM accounts integrated successfully.
Now your amoCRM account is connected with Zapier. You can change account name and continue creating your Zap.
Popular Things To Do With amoCRM
Common Problems with amoCRM on Zapier
We don't have any common problems documented yet, but feel free to contact us so we can help you personally!
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message