Applicant Tracker Template
If you spend your days juggling job applications, use this template to create an online applicant tracking system to manage candidates, application materials, activities, internal notes, and statuses in one place. Plus, receive email notifications as soon as applications come in, streamlining your hiring process.
Why you should set up an online applicant tracking system with Zapier
An applicant tracker built on Zapier is your solution to a clutter-free hiring process. It consolidates applicant information, saves you in recruitment time, cuts down on manual work, and gives you the flexibility to connect to 6,000+ different apps through Zapier’s platform.
- Track applicants in one central location for an easy recruitment process
- Stay in the loop with email notifications for new candidates
- Update applicant statuses and add notes with ease
How the applicant tracking system template works
This template helps you set up an applicant tracker system that relies on Zapier Tables, Zapier Interfaces, and Zaps. It features:
- a Job Posting page for candidates to submit information, including a customizable form
- an Applicant Tracker interface to manage the hiring process
- two Zaps: one to send an email notification to you when a new application comes in and the other to record an updated date when a candidate's status changes
You can edit the Job Posting page and job application form to meet your needs and generate a public URL to share with candidates so they can apply. You can collect their personal details, have them upload a resume or CV, include statements about why they're qualified for the role, and more.
Once submitted, the data is stored in a table and the applicant's status is automatically set to "Applied." The applicant tracker interface displays all job applicants in a Kanban view, grouped by status. You can effortlessly update statuses, add notes, and review job application materials from the Kanban board.
To set things up, all you need to do is:
- Click Use template
- Sign up or log in to your Zapier account (it's free to sign up)
- Add your job details in the Job Posting page using our intuitive and visual builder
- Configure the notification workflow
- Share the URL found in your Interface > Job Posting page or embed on your website to start receiving applications right away.
Who should use this template
This template is ideal for HR professionals, recruiters, and business owners at small businesses and organizations who need to get a job opening published as soon as possible and who already have a good idea of where to share the job posting. With the form, email notification, and status tracker all built into one, this template lets your human resources team quickly create a system to help them get the best candidate through your door.
How to customize your automated candidate tracking system
Zapier’s Interfaces, Tables, and Zaps make it easy for hiring managers to customize systems with no coding required. Because the system is built on Zapier, you can add additional automated steps to send applicants to other apps or send additional additional notifications by SMS message or to team chat apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I manage multiple job openings with the Applicant Tracker Template?
Can my team and I collaborate when using the template?
Do I need to know how to code to use Zapier?
- Advanced Video Course TemplateCreate an 10-part online video course with feedback forms and workflowsCheck it out
- AI Chat for Business TemplateUse your business content to resolve support and lead questions with a customized chatbotCheck it out
- AI Chat for Customer Service TemplateResolve customer questions and reduce support volume with a customized chatbotCheck it out
Hiring the best people is your area of expertise. Use automation to take your skills to the next level by removing the busywork that takes up precious time.Learn more
Over the years, we've found that the better the data we have at each point of the hiring process—and the more digestible this data is—the better we are at finding exceptional teammates that stay at Zapier for a long time.Learn more
Since 2011, Zapier has grown from three founders cramped in a small apartment to a large team from around the world.Learn more