Microsoft Office 365 Help & Support
What Office 365 Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- Updated Event - Triggers when an event is updated.
- New Event - Triggers when an event is added to a calendar of your choice.
- New Contact - Triggers when a new contact is added.
- New Calendar - Triggers when you add a new calendar.
- New Folder - Triggers when a new folder is added to Outlook.
- New Email - Triggers when you get a new email.
- Create Contact - Create a contact in your Office 365 account.
- Create Event - Create an event on a calendar of your choice.
- Send Email - Send an email from your Outlook account.
- Find Contact - Finds an existing contact.
How to Get Started with Office 365
To get started with Office 365, first click to add a Office 365 account to Zapier to be used in your zap.
You'll now be asked to log into your Office 365 account (unless you are already logged in)
Once you've authorized the connection, you'll be redirected back to Zapier and we'll test your account to make sure the connection works. If it does, you're all set!
Common Problems with Office 365
I can't connect my account#
First, make sure you can properly log into https://outlook.office365.com/. Usually, that means you must have an Office 365 Business or Office 365 Enterprise account in order to use Zapier. You won't be able to connect to a personal or education account.
These accounts do not work:
- Outlook.com accounts.
- Office Home accounts.
- Live.com or other personal Microsoft accounts.
If you're getting and error that says
The user or administrator has not consented to use the application with ID 'XXXXX', this means that your Microsoft account doesn't have the right permissions to connect to Zapier. You'll need to have your Office 365 administrator grant you access to connect to third parties.
My zaps keep getting turned off#
Microsoft automatically expires their refresh token (what we use to connect to them) if any of the following occur:
- You change or reset your password
- You don't use the token for 14 days
- It's been 90 days
Unfortunately, there is no way around these limitations. When your token expires, you will need to reconnect your account to Zapier. You can do that by going to the Connected Accounts page and clicking the reconnect button next to Office365, then typing in your credentials.
Popular Things To Do With Office 365
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message