Campaign Monitor Help & Support
What Campaign Monitor Triggers and Actions Are Supported
- New Unsubscribe - Triggers when a someone unsubscribes from a list.
- New List - Triggers when a list is added for a client.
- New Bounce - Triggers when an campaign email to someone bounces (ie. could not be delivered).
- New Subscriber - Triggers when a new subscriber is added to a list.
- New Client - Triggers when a client is added to Campaign Monitor.
- New Email Open - Triggers when someone opens an email from one of your Campaigns.
- New Click Through - Triggers when someone clicks through an email from one of your Campaigns.
- New Bounced Transactional Message - Triggers when a transactional message bounces.
- Add Subscriber - Create a new subscriber on a list.
- Send Smart Transactional Email - Sends a smart transactional email.
- Unsubscribe - Remove a subscriber from a list.
- Update Subscriber - Update a subscriber on a list.
- Find Subscriber - Find a subscriber by email within a given list.
How to Get Started With Campaign Monitor
The first thing you'll need to do is connect your Campaign Monitor Account to Zapier. After you sign up and start creating the Zap you want, Zapier will ask you to start the process:
You can then give your Account a title or label, which is just for your convenience and helps you track multiple accounts. It doesn't have any affect on which Account you actually add to Zapier.
How to get your Campaign Monitor API key#
You will also need to enter your API key, which can be found at https://YOURSUBDOMAINHERE.createsend.com/admin/account/
Finally, the Account will be added and tested, if everything is good to go you'll see this:
Now you can continue creating your Zap.
Popular Things to Do With Campaign Monitor
Common Problems with Campaign Monitor
My campaign doesn't appear as an option in the dropdown#
Only sent campaigns can be selected. Draft campaigns won't appear in the dropdown until they are sent to at least one recipient.
"Must supply a valid HTTP Basic Authorization header" error when trying to connect an account#
If the error message
authorization failed: api.createsend.com returned (401) Unauthorized and said "Must supply a valid HTTP Basic Authorization header" is showing when trying to connect a Campaign Monitor account, it's possible the wrong key may be getting used.
In Campaign Monitor's "Manage API keys" settings, note that the API Key needed requires clicking "Show API key" first. Using the "Client ID" leads to this error.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message