Mixpanel Help & Support
What Mixpanel Triggers and Actions are Supported
- None yet!
- None yet!
- Track Event - Send an Event to Mixpanel.
- Create or Update Profile - Create a new profile or update properties of an existing profile.
How to Get Started with Mixpanel on Zapier
To get started with Mixpanel on Zapier, first you will need to click to connect your Mixpanel account to use with your Zap.
Next, you'll be asked to enter your Mixpanel Token.
To locate your Token in your Mixpanel account, please follow these steps:
To get the Token of your project:
- Log into your Mixpanel account
- Click your profile in the upper right -> Project settings -> Management
- Copy your Token
Paste your Token back into your Zapier account and then “Continue”. If your Token was entered correctly your Mixpanel account will now be successfully connected.
It is then highly recommended that you give your Mixpanel project a name, so you can easily distinguish it in the interface:
Any other questions for getting started? You can see more on Mixpanel's Zapier help documentation here.
Popular Things to do with Mixpanel
Common Problems with Mixpanel on Zapier
We hit an error adding your new account#
If you are seeing this message:
You have likely inserted your token incorrectly. Double check the token value and make sure there are no extra spaces at the end:
Zaps are not sending events to Mixpanel#
You may get errors on your Zaps to Mixpanel. Here are the first things to check:
- Have you changed/revoked your token or Mixpanel project?
- Are you sure you’re using a token in Zapier for the same project you’re looking at in Mixpanel? More than likely, you’ll have multiple Mixpanel projects which you belong to, and you’ll need to tell Zapier
- Are you sending a distinct_id? This is required for an event or user to be stored in Mixpanel
- Events in Mixpanel that are not fired after 30 days disappear in the interface. The events are not gone, but if one of your zaps hasn’t had actively in 30 days, you will likely not see those events in Mixpanel. The event will resurface once it is fired again (either manually by testing OR automatically by a Zap rule).
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message