Stripe Help & Support
What Stripe Triggers and Actions Are Supported
- New Refund - Triggers when a new refund is created.
- New Charge - Triggers when someone's credit card is charged.
- New Coupon - Triggers when you add a new Stripe coupon.
- New Plan - Triggers when you add a new Stripe plan.
- New Invoice - Triggers when a new invoice is created (supports line items).
- New Event - Triggers when a new event like a dispute, subscription, or transfer is added.
- New Customer - Triggers when a new customer is added.
- New Order - Triggers when a new order is created.
- New Invoice Item - Triggers when a new invoice item is listed.
- Create Customer - Creates a new customer.
- Update Customer - Updates a customer.
- Find Customer - Finds an existing customer by their Stripe ID.
- Find Charge - Finds an existing charge by its Stripe ID.
How to Get Started With Stripe
The first thing you'll need to do is connect your Stripe Account to Zapier. After you sign up and start creating the Zap you want, Zapier will ask you to start the process:
You can then give your Account a title or label, which is just for your convenience and helps you track multiple accounts. It doesn't have any affect on which Account you actually add to Zapier.
How to Find Your Stripe API Key#
You will also need to add your API key to this dialog. If you visit your account page at https://manage.stripe.com/account/apikeys you can find this under the API keys tab.
Finally, the Account will be added and tested and if everything is good to go you'll see this:
Now you can continue creating your Zap.
Popular Things to Do With Stripe
Common Problems With Stripe
How do I use line items with Stripe?#
To use line items in Zapier, you'll usually want to ensure that both the trigger and the action you're using have line item support on Zapier:
In Zapier's Stripe integration, the “New Invoice” trigger offers line item support. If you'd like your Zap to iterate over each individual item in an invoice, you'll want to use the “New Invoice Item” trigger.
If you want to learn more about how line items work, read our Guide to Line Items here.
No Data - All Payments/Customers/etc. Missing#
This is a common support issue, and the fix is simple! Usually this is because a "test" key is used to connect Zapier to Stripe and payments/customers/etc. are created on the "live" account (or vice versa). The solution is to make sure to use the correct key!
Amount passed over in Cents#
Stripe sends the data over in cents (eg. 197000 instead of 1970.00), but you can use a Formatter step to convert the number into dollars before passing it to your action step.
The email field isn't coming across#
For emails to come in the "receipt email" field, you need to have email receipts enabled within Stripe. Read this article from Stripe on how to set up email receipts.
Stripe Test Mode#
We use Stripe API keys for authentication, so you can connect a Stripe account by using your Stripe "test secret key".
If you do that, you can trigger your Zap from transactions in your Stripe account which were created in test mode. Stripe's test card numbers only work in their test mode: https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards
However, if you connect to Stripe using the test secret key, your Zap will not trigger on any Live transactions in your Stripe account. To do that, you'd need to reconnect, or connect a new Stripe account, using your "live secret key" instead.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message