Quip Help & Support
What Quip Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Folder - Triggers when a new folder is added directly to a specific folder (but not its subfolders).
- Add Row to Spreadsheet - This action will add a row to a Quip spreadsheet.
- Create Document - Creates a new document.
- Send Message - Send a message to a Quip thread.
- Add Item to List - This action will add a new item to a Quip list.
How to get started with Quip on Zapier
The first thing you'll need to do to get started with hooking up Quip with Zapier and the hundreds of services we work with is adding your Quip Account to Zapier. When the time is right, we'll ask you to add your Account:
Next we will ask you to give your new Account a name or label, which is just a handy name for you to recognize it within Zapier. It doesn't matter what you name it so you can just hit Continue:
You should then get a pop-up window from Quip asking you to authorize the connection between Quip and Zapier:
After authorizing, you'll get sent back to Zapier where you now have your Quip account connected!
Popular Things To Do With Quip
Common Problems with Quip
"Darn, we didn't find any folders in your account."#
You may find you get this error if you've already selected a subfolder. This just means there are no more subfolders inside the selected subfolder. Here is an example with the subfolder "2018" below:
You will have to click "Clear Current Choice" at the bottom of the options and then navigate down the hierarchy again from the top:
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message