VerticalResponse Help & Support
What VerticalResponse Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New List - Triggers when a new list is created.
- New Contact - Triggers when a new contact is created.
- Create Contact - Create a new contact in VerticalResponse.
- Add Contact to List - Add a contact to an existing list.
How to Get Started with VerticalResponse
Once you get started with your zap, one of the first things you will have to do is connect your VerticalResponse account to Zapier. This is very straightforward and will just take a minute. You will see a screen like the one below:
You can provide a name for the VerticalResponse account you are connecting. For e.g Nivi's VerticalResponse Account. This is only for you to identify which VR account you have connected to Zapier, in case there are multiple. This does not affect the performance of your zap in any way.You can click on "connect a different VerticalResponse Account" if you would like to connect a different account:
Once you click "Continue", you will see the familiar VerticalResponse login window. Login with your VerticalResponse account (Zapier only works with the new VR platform and not for VRClassic customers):
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be brought back to Zapier and your account will have been added successfully as shown below:
Tips using VerticalResponse
- When using VR as an action, like "Creating a Contact" or "Adding a Contact to a List", always map the contact fields using Zapier's suggestions. Make sure to always fill in the email address field.
- When using the VR action "Adding a Contact to a List", make sure to choose the list to add the contact to. The drop down will show the lists in your VR account, and you will choose the list you want to add these contacts to. If you want to put these contacts into a new list, create one in VR and refresh this page:
- If using VerticalResponse as a trigger like "New Contact", you can create filters using VerticalResponse's Contact Attributes like first name, last name, email, address, city or any of your custom fields. By specifying filters, you can ensure that only when those conditions are met will the Zap will be triggered:
Currently, when using a VerticalResponse action like "Create a New Contact", only standard fields can be mapped to other service's fields.
When using VerticalResponse as a trigger like "New Contact", custom fields in VR can be mapped to other service's fields.
VerticalResponse checks for duplicate emails and returns an error if the zap is trying to add the same contact to VerticalResponse again.
Common Problems with VerticalResponse
Can I use my VRClassic account with Zapier to create Zaps?#
No. The integrations with Zapier only work with the new VerticalResponse platform. If you would like to test zaps with VerticalResponse, please create a new VerticalResponse account.
Occasionally you may encounter a "Gateway Timeout " error. This sometimes occurs if our API takes a while to return a response, but is very rare. If it occurs for a Zap on the trigger side ( i.e VR as a trigger), you can ignore the error as Zapier will retry and recover from this scenario. If it occurs for an Zap on the action side (VR as an action), you can replay the failed tasks from the Task History interface.
Popular Things To Do With VerticalResponse
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message