DigitalOcean Help & Support
What Digital Ocean Triggers and Actions are Supported?
- New Backup - Triggers when a new backup is created for the selected Droplet.
- New SSH Key - Triggers when a new SSH key is added to your account.
- New Droplet - Triggers when a new Droplet is created.
- New Snapshot - Triggers when a new snapshot is created for a selected Droplet.
- Create Droplet - Creates a new Droplet in your account.
- Create Domain - Domain resources are domain names that you have purchased from a domain name registrar that you are managing through the DigitalOcean DNS interface. This trigger creates a new domain, with a name and IP address.
- Power Droplet On/Off - Powers a Droplet on or off (via either a hard or graceful shutdown).
- Create Snapshot - Creates a new snapshot for the selected droplet.
- Add SSH Key - Adds a new SSH key to your account.
How to Get Started With Digital Ocean
The first thing you'll need to do is connect your Digital Ocean account to Zapier. After you sign up and start creating the Zap you want, Zapier will ask you to start the process:
You'll then be prompted to authorize Zapier to access your Digital Ocean account.
Finally, you'll be redirected back to Zapier and the account will have been added and tested, if everything is good to go you'll see this:
Now you can continue creating your Zap.
Popular Things to Do With Digital Ocean
Common Problems with Digital Ocean
Error When Creating Snapshot#
Digital Ocean requires a Droplet to be powered off before a snapshot can be created. The Create Snapshot action on Zapier has an option to power off the Droplet first, but it only waits 20 seconds for the shutdown to complete.
If your Droplet takes longer than 20 seconds to power off, you may receive the following error:
Droplet is currently on. Please power it off to run this event.
In that case, you'll need to use a multi-step Zap. First, power off the Droplet with a "Power Droplet On/Off" step, then add a delay step for 5 minutes. Finally, add the "Create Snapshot" step (without checking the "power off droplet" checkbox). The Droplet will be automatically powered back on after the snapshot is taken.
Using the New Snapshot trigger, the Zap is not triggering when a new snapshot is created, or older snapshots are triggering the Zap much later.#
The New Snapshot trigger gets the 20 oldest snapshots, in order of creation date. So if there are more than 20 snapshots on the selected droplet, the Zap will not be able to successfully trigger on new snapshots.
Need More Help? - Our support team is happy to help -- send us a message