In the Zap runs tab, you'll see the status of each time one of your Zaps runs. There are six possible Zap statuses:
- Success: the Zap ran and completed successfully.
- Filtered: the Zap run had a filter that prevented it from continuing.
- Stopped: the Zap ran into an error while running.
- Waiting: the Zap run is waiting to complete.
- Playing: the Zap run is in progress.
- Holding: the Zap run is being held for one of a few reasons.
Some Zap statuses have multiple causes.
Zap runs can have a status of Stopped for one of two reasons:
A Zap includes a step where a new lead from Facebook Lead Ads is added to a Mailchimp list. Mailchimp rejects duplicate email subscribers on an email list. A new lead comes in that already exists in the Mailchimp list, so Mailchimp rejects the lead from being added to the list. Instead of logging this Zap run as an error, Zapier will log it as Stopped / Halted.
Zap runs can have a status of Waiting for one of two reasons:
Zap runs can have a status of Holding for one of four reasons:
Learn how to replay Zap runs that failed or were not successful.
The Zap runs page will not show activity if your Zap checks for new data and does not find any.
You can filter your Zap runs by status, date range, owner, folder, apps, or Zap name. You can also search your entire Zap history with the search bar in the upper right, which will search all the data that was sent to and received by each step in your Zaps.